Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling Query

Options
  • 15-01-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I'm looking to go to alaska in June for a wedding. Looking at flights and the cheapest I can get is with BA from Dublin via Heatrow and Seattle.

The thing is I might be working in London at that stage. I'm wondering, if I am in England, could I get on the plane in Heathrow and just not turn up for dublin to heathrow leg.(the flights are more expensive if I book from Heathrow to Alaska)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No, if you fail to show up for the first flight your entire ticket would be cancelled

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭RonnieRocket

Athtrasna is correct - if you miss the first leg of your flight, the whole ticket is cancelled.

The reason departures from LHR are so expensive is because of the ridiculous "Air Passenger Duty" tax. Many Brits travel to Dublin to fly trans-Atlantic now as a result. You should consider grabbing a cheapo Ryanair flight to DUB and doing the same. The price difference usually makes it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 emt16

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

That's a crazy long journey, did you consider looking at flights over the pole with Lufthansa? They fly from Frankfurt, I'd you put a value on your available time it might be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

if you use kayak.com you can use their "multi city" option and put in some stop-overs, usually with no extra cost.

You could do an overnight in new york and Seattle, it breaks up the journey and you'd see more of the country.

Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

ryanair flys to airports that are 40 miles from heathrow,it will take 2-3 hours to change,if you miss your flight you lose whole trip,also baggage charges each way,will cost lots,

also book soon as fare will double or triple

also go for quicker flight I see fares 700 euro expect it to be 2000 euro if you book it later

Advertisement