Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Contributors for a Radio Documentary about Sleep Disorders

Options
  • 15-01-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everybody :D

I am a media student in Dublin City, one of my assignments is to produce a radio documentary. The topic could be anything but I chose sleep disorders/abnormalities (attributed to a sleepless night in which I struggled to think of content), but I discovered it is harder to find people with sleep disorders than I thought.

I need between two and four contributors, preferably two male and two female and aged under 30 (the target audience has been specified as a young audience and so I must consider ages of contributors in the same manner.)

If anybody has, or knows somebody who has a sleeping disorder (insomnia, narcolepsy, severe sleepwalking, sleep apnea etc) and would be willing to help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Don't worry, the doc will never make it to radio or anything, it is just a college assignment.

Cheers :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 laterally

Nobody interested? I'll buy a nice cappuchino for anyone who is willing to tell their story (real stories though please.) Help a poor student out :D;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Hey I have a condition that both causes and is excarberated by insomnia so I take a tablet to help me sleep every night (not a sleeping tablet in the strictest sense of the word). A side effect of this tablet is *insanely* vivid and bizarre dreams. Like high def movies running through my mind every night, every detail of which I remember. I'm 29 and female. If you'd like to talk to me for your assignment let me know.

WildRosie wrote: »
    Hey I have a condition that both causes and is excarberated by insomnia so I take a tablet to help me sleep every night (not a sleeping tablet in the strictest sense of the word). A side effect of this tablet is *insanely* vivid and bizarre dreams. Like high def movies running through my mind every night, every detail of which I remember. I'm 29 and female. If you'd like to talk to me for your assignment let me know.

Thanks for the reply, Rosie :) I have sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

I have sleep apnea and have had the condition since my early 30's. I am 40 now. Not in Dublin area though could do interview over phone if your interested.

crusher000 wrote: »
    I have sleep apnea and have had the condition since my early 30's. I am 40 now. Not in Dublin area though could do interview over phone if your interested.

Thanks crusher, I have sent you a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Stan&Bobby

I've sleep apnea. Pm me if you still need contributors

Stan&Bobby wrote: »
    I've sleep apnea. Pm me if you still need contributors

Hi there, just PM'd you. Cheers :)

Advertisement