Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Xbox Error, please help

Options
  • 15-01-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

So, I was playing Mass Effect 3, got to a point in the game where I had to insert disc 2, so I did, I got a "unreadable disc" prompt so I took it out, checked for scratches, but it was perfect, so I turned off my Xbox, turned it back on and as the game was spinning/loading, I noticed that the "play game" icon was blank (usually it will say "play Mass Effect 3 etc") so instead of playing it straight away, I pressed "game details" and it seemed as though my Xbox was reading my installed data of Assassin's Creed from my harddrive as opposed to the Mass Effect disc?

So I deleted AssCreed from my HDD, booted the game up again, checked the game details and now it's reading The Walking Dead, another game I have installed on my HDD.

What's up with that? Every other game boots up fine, including Mass Effect 3 disc 1, it just seems my Xbox is refusing to read disc 2 and instead is trying to read random games off my HDD?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Sounds as if your xbox is drunk, give it a few hours til it sobers up!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dirk Hardpeck

Deleted a ton stuff off my HDD and cleared the cache and it seems to be fine now. Although at one point it did think my Mass Effect disc was Internet Explorer! Absolute spastic of a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Dirk sorry to tell you but I have had previous experience with MASS EFFECT 3 problems, there is a known bug that affects your profile game save and it can cause minor issues like multiplayer weapons etc not saving to big issues like not continuing the game in disk 2 or black hole glitch ing your multiplayer, the only way to fix it is not supported by Xbox or EA is to modify your profile and removing one particular line of code on your ME3 save, if you search online I am sure you can find out how to do it If your so inclined.

Advertisement