Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stratford eb20he insert badly smoking

• 15-01-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi Lads.
    I have big problem regarding my stove. Every time when I' refilling (opening stove door) stove is smoking to the room. I tried to open entrance door when topped up but it's still the same. I have 5inch flexi flue fitted and vermaculate around... Does anyone know what could be wrong..or know someone in Sligo who does that kind of job..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Open the air vents fully before opening, give it a few seconds about 10 then open the door slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭pitero1

I try that as well..I open all vents for a minute and still smoking.. like I said I even open entrance door to the draft and didn't help:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭DenisCork

You should be using 6 inch flexi with that stove. Your installer must've reduced it from 6 to 5 inch - which isn't allowed. When was it installed?

DenisCork wrote: »
    You should be using 6 inch flexi with that stove. Your installer must've reduced it from 6 to 5 inch - which isn't allowed. When was it installed?

fu.. me sorry it's 16he.. Sorry for the mistake.. Stove was fitted month ago..

Have you had the problem since it was installed? In most cases opening the door slightly for a few seconds will clear the chamber, I wonder has the baffle moved out of position. What are you burning?

• Advertisement

baffle is in place I checked that. I had a problem before cause vermaculate gets into the stove..but the man gets back and put firecement around pipe inside stove..maybe there is still some spot not joint and making draft..is that possible?

Vermiculite in the stove suggests a large gap in what should be an airtight flue.

DenisCork wrote: »
    Vermiculite in the stove suggests a large gap in what should be an airtight flue.

So there is still some airleak...Can you use firecement inside flue anyway? oh yea he mention something when filling chimney with vermiculite flue slightly move..so he gonna packed it with firecement

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lime island

Does this stove heat water.

Does this stove heat water.

yea it's does...

• Advertisement
Advertisement