Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Castletown 24hr Right of Way Protest Walk - 19 JAN 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Will closing the gates during night time help alleviate some of the antisocial behaviour and vandalism carried out mostly during the late/early hours? Only for such antics there would be no need to close off access at certain hours.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Joe Public wrote: »
    Will closing the gates during night time help alleviate some of the antisocial behaviour and vandalism carried out mostly during the late/early hours?

Not in a nano second.
    The grounds are huge with vast amounts of access points.
    This is nothing more than the OPW covering their asses legally.
    The gates were closed, you were on the grounds of your own volition and therefore cannot sue us.

Personally, as long as the grounds remain open during daytime, I have no big problem with the gates being closed at night.
    Who needs to go there and walk around in the pitch dark anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Who needs to go there and walk around in the pitch dark anyway?
    These..They're meeting at the main gates but I assume they need an area with no artificial light for the stargazing.
    1011102_498135556966001_313106100_n.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ah. Fair enough.
    I would never have thought of a group like that. Certainly the grounds would be perfect for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It is hard to find a decent place for stargazing. Even Castletown or Carton isn't the best - there are no lights right on top of you but still plenty of light pollution from the towns and roads around it. Better than nowhere though.

• Advertisement

The list of things you can do outdoors at night is endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

We got a leaflet in yesterday about this, although I am in agreement with leaving it open I lost all interest when I read the groups manifest.

Got as far as how they are going to start charging admittance to pay of the bank bail out...

mloc123 wrote: »
    We got a leaflet in yesterday about this, although I am in agreement with leaving it open I lost all interest when I read the groups manifest.

Got as far as how they are going to start charging admittance to pay of the bank bail out...

A bit extreme and scaremongering ok! It doesn't do them any favours.

I'm fed up picking up the paper ( litter ) that tears and falls off their big posters after a bit of rain and wind and there's plenty of that lately.

Advertisement