Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belkin N600 & Windows 8

• 15-01-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Hi All ,

We bought a new PC for the office, it didnt have wifi so the guy advised us to buy a Belkin USB adaptor N150. Got it all back , set it up but the adaptor wouldn't pick up the signal. We realised that the modem is too far away so the adaptor couldn't pick it up. Rang the shop they said they have N600 adaptor that would do the job. Brought it back , began the install only to get a message that it's not compatible with Windows 8. Rang the shop again they said download an updated driver from the Belkin site but there's no driver update for Windows 8.

Is there any way around this or is it another trip to the shop.

I have the tower at home now and it's working perfectly with my ''Scientific Atlanta'' adaptor and a UPC modem. If I brought the Scientific Atlanta adaptor to work , would it pick up and Eircom signal or are they only for use with UPC.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,687 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The adapter definitely works. I've used Belkin adapters off the shelf before for PC shelf displays running 8 and 8.1

Just run it without the disc. Plug and Play. The operating system will run the adapter with a generic driver, theres no real need to use the Belkin-authored one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I installed a n600 adapter in a dual booted desktop today,windows 7 needs the driver cd,windows 8 has its own drivers for it.

Advertisement