Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving instructor recommendation in cork

Options
  • 15-01-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

HeadPig wrote: »
    Much appreciated

John Quinlan..Excel School of Motoring.

http://www.edtdrivinglessonscork.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DenisCork

+1 for Excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

All my family were taught by Al Dwyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

MrFrisp wrote: »
    John Quinlan..Excel School of Motoring.

http://www.edtdrivinglessonscork.ie

Both myself and the other half got lessons from John Quinlan, great instructor, both of us passed Test first time.

The main thing I will say is that not only does he teach you with an aim of passing the test, he teaches you how to be a good driver for real life/everyday situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Roesy wrote: »
    All my family were taught by Al Dwyer.

+1 for Al Dwyer ,He must have taught half of Cork to drive at this stage !! , used him years ago ,my OH had a bad experience with an instructor and was adamant she was giving up but got her to use Al and she was delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Gary Cox in Cobh has huge pass rate everyone I know that used him passed.

He will meet at test centers

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Heard great things about al dwyer. Most of the Northside must have used him.

Anyone know if he's any good for a complete and utter beginner. Someone who's not past the kangaroo petrol stage. I really need to learn this year as my mums eyesight is failing and she'll need a driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Heard great things about al dwyer. Most of the Northside must have used him.

Anyone know if he's any good for a complete and utter beginner. Someone who's not past the kangaroo petrol stage. I really need to learn this year as my mums eyesight is failing and she'll need a driver.

My sister in law was a complete beginner and she found him great! He really puts you at ease. All of us had been taught the basics in a field by my dad before we ever old enough to have a lesson :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

I best get saving for my mandatory lessons then...

Advertisement