Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Planning jobs?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have recently returned to Ireland after 2 years in Melbourne. I initially headed off as the opportunities as a graduate urban planner were not present in the UK or Ireland in mid 2011.

As i'm sure you guys are well aware that the London economy is booming, even for graduate/entry level professionals. I have seen Uni friends settling into graduate and entry level roles over the past year.

I went to Uni in Bristol and did a Bsc in Real Estate and an MA in Urban planning.

In Melbourne I worked for the City of Melbourne in their transport planning department. After a few months the project I was working on was put on hold so I moved to the a walking advocacy body doing studies on the walking economy and the influence of urban design on walking.

Can anyone give me advise in where to apply for roles? I am willing to do an internship if needs be.

I should add that I am in the process of applying for various roles with the big companies ARUP, TFL, AECOM etc.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT:

I Have lived in UK for before therefore I am not seeking general moving UK advice. I have bank account, NHS, N.I number, Phone etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 goodbye

Interested in the same info if anyone's got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

goodbye wrote: »
    Interested in the same info if anyone's got it?

I was here first. You'll have to wait till I get my foot in the door then you can follow me over. ;)

Advertisement