Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brookfield Blackrock

Options
  • 15-01-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the Brookfield area in Blackrock?

I'm thinking of moving to a house in Brookfield Grove. It looks to be handy enough to the Dart station and the houses seem to be very modern.

Any idea if the area is safe?

I had a look on Google maps and there is a large green space behind the houses - is this a public park does anyone know? I see tennis courts from google maps satellite view.

Thanks for all your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Yes it's a public park. There are two football pitches where I spent a season losing every week and a rugby pitch.
    Also a tennis club.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 half_baked

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

It used to have a name for being quite rough back in the 90's, early 2000's, used to have the guards being called quite a bit. Back then it would have been pretty much the only place in Blackrock I would have had reservations about living in. No idea what it's like to live in now though but there's a new gym opened up etc. so it seems perfectly grand these days , much better looking, newly re surfaced road etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 half_baked

Thanks for that. Looked into it a bit more and the development I was looking at, although really modern, is just too "concrete" if you get me.

Appreciate the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

It's a lovely place, grew up round the corner, it's an old council estate, plenty of kids but not the rowdy kind,you'll get no hassle from them. Also quite a few pensioners living there too.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Moved to Dublin County South

Advertisement