Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirky Accommodation near Letterkenny?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of heading up to Letterkenny for a weekend away at the end of February and looking for something a bit different than the typical business hotel. Can anyone recommend anything a bit unusual like woodcutter cabins / glamping / boutique hotels etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

Sleepy wrote: »
    Thinking of heading up to Letterkenny for a weekend away at the end of February and looking for something a bit different than the typical business hotel. Can anyone recommend anything a bit unusual like woodcutter cabins / glamping / boutique hotels etc?

Id say Castlegrove House would be your best bet.

Photos here

http://www.castlegrove.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Looks very nice but Mrs Sleepy is generally more a fan of off-beat sort of stuff than country house hotels... It's probably a bit of a stretch since I can't find anything online though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sleepy wrote: »
    Looks very nice but Mrs Sleepy is generally more a fan of off-beat sort of stuff than country house hotels... It's probably a bit of a stretch since I can't find anything online though!

I can sort you out with a tent and a couple planks of wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

This is not in Letterkenny but Creeslough about 30 mins drive from Letterkenny.
    Sounds like what you might be looking for as they have wooden camping pods but might be just too far way from letterkenny for ya.

http://www.wildatlanticcamp.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Cheers GoldenGreen, exactly the type of thing I was thinking of!

• Advertisement
Advertisement