Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semantic Web Development in Netbeans??

Options
  • 16-01-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on the setting up of a Semantic web development environment using Netbeans as the main IDE...I know that I need to set up Jena Framework (ie link to Jena jars) etc.. But its beating me to set it up...can anyone point me to a good tutorial maybe.

Eclipse seems to be the de facto IDE to use...but Netbeans is my usual IDE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Talisman

It should be a simple case of adding the Jena library jars to your project.

CSE 5392 / 7392: Semantic Web Development with Java Jena Summer 2010 has a link to a video which should walk you through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on the setting up of a Semantic web development environment using Netbeans as the main IDE...I know that I need to set up Jena Framework (ie link to Jena jars) etc.. But its beating me to set it up...can anyone point me to a good tutorial maybe.

Eclipse seems to be the de facto IDE to use...but Netbeans is my usual IDE

Intellij is far superior and I think has now surpassed Eclipse in industry. Having problem s with jars? I very strongly encourage you to learn maven, life is to short to be adding libs manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Midnight Shadow

Thanks a million for the leads...i'll try both me thinks

Advertisement