Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome Scrollbar Problems

Options
  • 16-01-2014 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Anyone having problems with the arrow on the scroll-bar in Chrome? It has disappeared on me after the latest update and apparently I'm not the only one as it seems to be a problem with the update, anyway I've gone back to the trusted Firefox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

200motels wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with the arrow on the scroll-bar in Chrome? It has disappeared on me after the latest update and apparently I'm not the only one as it seems to be a problem with the update, anyway I've gone back to the trusted Firefox.

Feature of the latest update. Scroll bar is still there and works the same its just narrower and the arrows are gone. Doesn't bother me as I never use it anyway. I'll be sticking to my trusted Chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Missing arrows are driving me mental :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Chun Li wrote: »
    Missing arrows are driving me mental :mad:
    Yes driving me mad so I went back to Firefox even though I prefer Chrome but not without the arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭blackbox

Just installed Firefox myself because of this issue.

I wonder will they loose enough users to revert?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

Just out of a professional curiosity, why are people finding this such a big deal? The scrolled bar is still there and functions the exact same, just without the arrows. Is it just a resistance to change or are there some “real-life” difficulties you have been having?

Now normally I don’t like it when programmes use non-native controls but this doesn’t bother me at all, in fact I quite like the new look and would welcome it natively across Windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Arrows were handy when the scrollable area was a small section of the webpage, now I have to click and holdon scroll bar thingy then swipe minutely on track pad and still overshoot :(

Must check out Firefox again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Liamalone wrote: »
    Arrows were handy when the scrollable area was a small section of the webpage, now I have to click and holdon scroll bar thingy then swipe minutely on track pad and still overshoot :(

Must check out Firefox again.

FF and Adobe flash player extension will drive you nuts, if you use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

notmymark wrote: »
    Just out of a professional curiosity, why are people finding this such a big deal? The scrolled bar is still there and functions the exact same, just without the arrows. Is it just a resistance to change or are there some “real-life” difficulties you have been having?

Now normally I don’t like it when programmes use non-native controls but this doesn’t bother me at all, in fact I quite like the new look and would welcome it natively across Windows.
    I like change as well but this is change for changes sake, I'm back using Firefox and I'm glad I did as it's muck quicker than Chrome.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

200motels wrote: »
    I like change as well but this is change for changes sake, I'm back using Firefox and I'm glad I did as it's muck quicker than Chrome.

Not to mention its not for profit and open source..

Advertisement