Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rough skin over 40's??

• 16-01-2014 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello, first time poster to this thread here, and I'm looking for advice on why my facial skin has suddenly gone so rough.

I'm mid-40's and until about 6 months ago had greasy-ish skin which I've had all my life. Then I started to notice it felt rough on my cheeks and temples and now the skin feels rough all over, including my neck. I don't think it's dry though because it doesn't feel tight after washing and it's not flaky. I don't get spots at all and after a good exfoliation it feels better for a day or so and then the roughness comes back.

My skincare routine consists of an oil cleanser in the evening which I remove with cotton wool or a flannel and then usually a warm water rinse in the morning. I alternate this with a tea tree gel cleanser every other evening. I exfoliate twice a week using caster sugar (!) or one of those facial brushes. It really feels like I need to exfoliate every day but I don't want to in case I strip the skin. I moisturise with either Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse or Neals Yard Frankincense Cream.

I should mention I ride a motorbike nearly every day but I've never had this problem before and don't think this is the cause. Is it my age? I read that production of skin cells slows down past a certain age making the skin coarser. Apart from the rough feeling, my skin looks ok. It's not dull or grey but I'm just wondering why it's changed so dramatically, so quickly. All help, including product recommendations, is gratefully received. Thank you :)

Advertisement