Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adelaide Motorcycle Show Belfast 2014

• 16-01-2014 1:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to the bike show in Belfast? Is it worth a trip? It's coming up at the start of next month and I'm in the market for a few bits of gear.

They don't seem to have a website, just a facebook page.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Wonderburger was there last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It's well worth a trip. Personally can't wait for it myself. Always a good day out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It was good nothing mental....more for bikes then bargains TBH. But alot better the the Dublin offering :rolleyes: I might motor up again this year but i dont need a thing after my trip to Birmingham show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Might pop up that way on Sunday, hope all the good stuff - if any - isn't gone by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Going to head up next Saturday and kick some tyres. Always found it to be a nice day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big-Mac

I'm in the market for a new leather jacket, was there many gear/clothes stands there last year?

Big-Mac wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a new leather jacket, was there many gear/clothes stands there last year?

There were a few nothing major, if you are looking for a bargain go on the last day and leave it towards the end of the show. If you can I would go to the bike show in London and you will be spoilt for choice and the flights can be got for very little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Good opportunity for the autograph hunters if nothing else - from The Belfast Telegraph

A plethora of star names will be out in force at the Adelaide Blackhorse Motorcycle Festival in Belfast this weekend.

The annual show, organised by promoter and businessman Billy Nutt of Nutt Promotions for the 19th year, will be officially opened at the King’s Hall on Friday by World Superbike Championship runner-up Eugene Laverty.

Mar-Train Racing’s Alastair Seeley will also be in attendance as the doors open to the public at 2pm on Friday, along with North West 200 and British Superbike favourite Michael Rutter.

Carrickfergus man Seeley, who finished a close runner-up in the British Supersport Championship last year on the Gearlink Kawasaki, will also be on hand to meet fans and sign autographs on Saturday, while Rutter will be in attendance at the event on all three days from Friday until Sunday.

Nutt has also confirmed Manx rider Dan Kneen among the special guests, who has joined Dungannon businessman and race team owner John Burrows for 2014.

Ulster’s William Dunlop will represent Moneymore outfit Tyco Suzuki at the festival this weekend and it is hoped that seven-time Isle of Man TT winner Michael Dunlop will also make an appearance in Belfast.

Macau Grand Prix comeback hero Ian Hutchinson has also been confirmed by the organisers, with the Milwaukee Yamaha star in town on Saturday and Sunday.

Hutchinson is gearing up for an eagerly anticipated return this year following his sensational victory at Macau in November.

The Yorkshireman will also compete in the MCE British Superbike Championship this season in the newly-formed FFX Yamaha team.

The Bingley Bullet will make his UK road racing return at the Vauxhall International North West 200 in May alongside Australia ace Josh Brookes for Shaun Muir’s Milwaukee Yamaha team.

Hutchinson will be joined by Scotland’s Stuart Easton, who won the British Supersport crown in 2013 for Northern Ireland team Mar-Train Racing.

Irish road racing Supersport and Supertwin champion Jamie Hamilton plus short circuit prospect Conor Parkhill will also meet fans at the King’s Hall this weekend.

Each of the major manufacturers will be represented at the annual extravaganza, with the latest models from Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Ducati, Suzuki, Harley Davidson, Triumph, KTM, Victory and Indian on display.

The ever popular auto-jumble will be a magnet for collectors and tinkering enthusiasts while the off-road fraternity will be out in force with MX, Quadcross and Enduro/Cross County all represented in the Motocross Village, where motocross star Martin Barr is the main off-road VIP.

The festival takes place at the King’s Hall from Friday, February 7 until Sunday, February 9. Opening hours are 2pm-10pm on Friday and 10am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday.

For more details, contact Nutt Promotions on 028 703 51199 or visit www.nutttravel.com.

Made my way up to Belfast yesterday for the bike show. Lots of nice bikes on show, as can be seen here, but not a lot else unfortunately; for me at least. Was hoping to grab a decent deal on new boots and a helmet but just came away with a new bike cover. A bit disappointing overall, despite the nice machinery on show.

Yep, as I said in my previous post. Did not go up in the end as I was not looking for anything......

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yep, as I said in my previous post. Did not go up in the end as I was not looking for anything......

Yup, you did :rolleyes: I was hoping that it would be at least as good as the Dublin one though. Anyway, now I know :P

Advertisement