Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is rallying?

• 16-01-2014 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

So the first rally of the year is nearly here. Riff Raff RC's Frosty Balls rally in Gatabaun on Saturday.

Are there many people on this forum who go to rallies and are there many people here who'll be going to the rally this weekend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Yes & yes :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Yes to both. We go to as many as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ive never been to one! :o

goodlad wrote: »
    Ive never been to one! :o
    Get your ass in gear & get to one...ye'll not regret it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Actually never been to a rally myself even once. Have a good mate that was told she cant show her face at ANY rallies again in Ireland !!! :eek:

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    Actually never been to a rally myself even once. Have a good mate that was told she cant show her face at ANY rallies again in Ireland !!! :eek:
    Do tell...must have been some heinous **** to be banished from rally land :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

yes and yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I also know of somebody who was told this, I wonder is it the same person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

try to get to as many as possible. heading on sat alrite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Dumb question time. Whats a rally? Bikers meeting up for a spin???? A Charity ride????

• Advertisement

its like an overnight piss up, with bands food camping stalls etc, sort of mini festival for bikers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dumb question time. Whats a rally? Bikers meeting up for a spin???? A Charity ride????
    its like an overnight piss up, with bands food camping stalls etc, sort of mini festival for bikers

^^^ And debauchery :p

I don't bother anymore, more or less due to work commitments and the cold & damn being bad for my aching bones ~ would rather hang out in a warm cosy clubhouse these days :cool:

yep forgot to mention the general debauchery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

^^^ And debauchery :p

I don't bother anymore, more or less due to work commitments and the cold & damn being bad for my aching bones ~ would rather hang out in a warm cosy clubhouse these days :cool:

Ya bleedin oul lad ya! :p

I'll be heading to the rally this weekend. Leaving Dublin around half four. Looking forward to kicking the year off in style.

To those of you who haven't been to one yet, cone on down! You'll not regret it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've spent too many cold uncomfortable nights in tents so get these and I'll go

http://www.snoozebox.com/home/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I honestly can't see the appeal myself, sitting around in a muck pit drinking cans and talking shoite !! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

You can't write that and not tell us what (or who) she did :pac:
    I honestly can't see the appeal myself, sitting around in a muck pit drinking cans and talking shoite !! :rolleyes:
    Doesn't have to be, I've been at a few vintage rallys. Usually book a hotel somewhere and the lads have a route planned out. So set out in the morning, drive all day, lunch somewhere more driving, then back to the hotel for beers and looking at each others bikes.

Same in most bars in Dublin to be honest. :)

I enjoy the company, drinks and live music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

Pedro K wrote: »
    Same in most bars in Dublin to be honest. :)

I enjoy the company, drinks and live music.

and an excuse to ride to different parts of the country most weekends
    that you never would of thought of going to.
    a few years ago i went to a rally in scotland on a saturday, came back the following day, almost 800 miles covered.
    the lads at work monday couldn't believe i drove to scotland for one night,
    whereas they spent friday sat and sunday night in the same pub talking to same people, telling the same yarns.

and an excuse to ride to different parts of the country most weekends
    that you never would of thought of going to.
    a few years ago i went to a rally in scotland on a saturday, came back the following day, almost 800 miles covered.
    the lads at work monday couldn't believe i drove to scotland for one night,
    whereas they spent friday sat and sunday night in the same pub talking to same people, telling the same yarns.
    Ye, I was at the lycanclans first rally in Scotland last summer. Went for the Friday and Saturday. Was a fantastic weekend.

• Advertisement

The Mutineers Rat-Arsed Rally at Drymen, Stirling is a great ride & a fantastic seisún.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The boyne riders photo rally is a great job for going off the beaten track to all v corners of the country. Not sure if it's still going, used to do it every year.
    Not the same as the rallies mentioned above, but a good laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

They're actually great craic, and you don't have to stay over drinking.

I'd often call into a rally for a few hours to have the craic with a few lads then shoot off again.

Staying over night isn't everyone's idea of a great time and you'd be surprised at the amount who don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kilkennym

only recently back on bikes so maybe im a little dry for it but well see if I can get a permission slip one weekend.... note to self get a tent first....

great night

Did anyone go to the Unfixables rally last night? I was there, camping. Holy ****. People's tents were literally being blown away by the wind.

lol fair play to ye

I think that rally is just bad luck for me. Last year I highsided off my bike on the way down to it. This year the weather battered the sh!t out of everything...

Next rally for me won't be until April. Clan Na Gael's rally in summerhill. The Smokin' Aces from clonmel are good friends of ours and they're coming up to meet us in Dublin and we'll all be riding out together. Should be a good one.

good list of events here:

http://www.vagabondsmcc.com/page2.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement