Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire Diaries - Is it legit??

Options
  • 16-01-2014 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I always thought that vampire diaries was associated with twilight, glee, gayness.

My housemate has informed me that its actually more like Game of thrones, sinister, devious, clever, and that it's a primarily male audience. If it is anything like the great GOT I need to know pronto.

So do we have an epidemic or is it actually a good show??Why hasn't this issue been discusssed? Should i have just streamed an episode instead of asking it here??

All input is highly regarded.

oneshot2shots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I always thought that vampire diaries was associated with twilight, glee, gayness.

My housemate has informed me that its actually more like Game of thrones, sinister, devious, clever, and that it's a primarily male audience. If it is anything like the great GOT I need to know pronto.

So do we have an epidemic or is it actually a good show??Why hasn't this issue been discusssed? Should i have just streamed an episode instead of asking it here??

All input is highly regarded

oneshot2shots.

Homophobia and sexism in one post.. Bravo sir..
    It hasn't been discussed because it's a sully thing.. It's like comparing friends to love/hate..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's not sexist to imply that Glee and Twilight are aimed at a female audience. That's just logical and not in anyway sexist.

His comment about "gayness" however could easily be seen by some as homophobic so I'll agree with you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Its absolute muck!

if you want a vampire show with a bit of the old gayness you should probably watch True Blood, its actually mildly entertaining though steadily going downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Since it's already spiralling down the path of homophobia, Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement