Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to give up bread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

lol! Because I would put any money on it you're overweight and in denial!

I came on this to give this guy an alternative option to bread not to try and persuade a bunch of people that are in denial and convince themselves stuffing your body with crap and processed food is good for you.

Leaving this post now and going for a slad - try it sometime.

Happy heart attack.

Cop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

lol! Because I would put any money on it you're overweight and in denial!

I came on this to give this guy an alternative option to bread not to try and persuade a bunch of people that are in denial and convince themselves stuffing your body with crap and processed food is good for you.

Leaving this post now and going for a slad - try it sometime.

Happy heart attack.

I am 86 kg and lift heavy 4 days a week. But hey, don't let the fact that i am in good shape upset you. You don't need to be in good shape to be able to read.

I rarely eat bread, not because I think its bad for me but because my meals are all protein focused.

Did you think attacking me personally would bolster your claims?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I like the idea of giving up bread as it really is just something to make eating the contents of a sandwich easier. Are there no shop bought alternatives that could be used to make a sandwich that do more or less the same thing but without calories etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I just realised I haven't had bread in ages. Weeks or months. I didn't actually intend to give it up but I seem to have given it up.

And I used like meat 'n' cheese toasties from the George Foreman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

I like the idea of giving up bread as it really is just something to make eating the contents of a sandwich easier. Are there no shop bought alternatives that could be used to make a sandwich that do more or less the same thing but without calories etc?

salads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Iceberg lettuce - wrap
    Roast beef/pork/ham cut into thick chunks - sliced pan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Lunchbox meals are easy to bring to work and don't need bread.

Contents could include:

Any meat
    Fish
    Cottage cheese/ cheddar/ brie/ feta
    Cherry tomatoes
    Spinach/ lettuce
    Cashews/ walnuts/ almonds
    Beetroot
    Pickles
    Boiled eggs
    Kidney beans/ chickpeas/ cannellini beans

I add a dash of balsamic as a dressing and it's yum. Easy to throw together and easy to make it slightly different each day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Lunchbox meals are easy to bring to work and don't need bread.

Contents could include:

Any meat
    Fish
    Cottage cheese/ cheddar/ brie/ feta
    Cherry tomatoes
    Spinach/ lettuce
    Cashews/ walnuts/ almonds
    Beetroot
    Pickles
    Boiled eggs
    Kidney beans/ chickpeas/ cannellini beans

I add a dash of balsamic as a dressing and it's yum. Easy to throw together and easy to make it slightly different each day.

Don't sit beside me, thanks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I've had half a baguette since Thursday - tough going but I think I'm doing ok :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Cut out bread myself to there since the Christmas holidays, however don't know how long I'll be able to keep it going when I get back to college, so handy to just bring a sandwich sometimes!

Advertisement