Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadget Insurance issue

Options
  • 16-01-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been with Gadget for the past three years. I had an iPhone 4 added to my policy last year when it was 18 months old. They state the phone has to be less than 24 months old when adding. My phone was recently stolen 10 days after renewing my policy.

Their T&C's state:
    http://www.gadgetinsurance.com/IE/Docs/Terms_and_Conditions_Gadgetinsurance.com_IRL.pdf

5. The devices declared are currently in good condition, full working order, purchased from new by you and less than 24 months old.

10. If you pay for your insurance monthly then your policy is a rolling monthly policy and is only in force if the monthly premium
    continues to be paid. Cover can continue up to a maximum of five years.

When I renewed my contract I did so two days before it was due to expire. There was no break, just a simple renewal. When I sent in the claim the underwriter replied saying the phone is not covered as it is more than 24 months old.

Does anybody know where I stand here?

Thanks

Advertisement