Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple markers on a Google Map

Options
  • 16-01-2014 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

If I type in an address or the name of a place in Google Maps, it gives a map with a marker for that place.
    So, is it possible to have multiple markers on the same map without the route that joins them all?
    I would like to have all the places marked on a single map and then decide how to go from one to another to another and so on.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Login to Google maps with your Google account, then you can create your own maps with multiple markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I logged in with my Google account, I tried with My Places, but either I'm a bit dumb or it's not the right tool.
    I found the utility where I put the marker wherever I want and then I can give it a label and draw a route, but this means that I have to know where the place that I'm looking for is.
    I'd like to type in a list of places and have a map with all the markers in the right spots :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

There's a big red button which says "CREATE MAP".
    When you create a map, there's a search box at the top of the screeen.

Type in an address and the map will zoom to it.
    Click on the map marker and it'll say "Add to map".

That's how you build up a list of markers on the one map.

Wow, it worked, thanks! :)
    I was doing as you wrote, but I was skipping the step of clicking of the green marker, so I couldn't add it to the map and turn it to red ;), I was just typing in new places and the marker would move to a place to the other.
    Alright, it's just what I was looking for, I really appreciate your help and kindness.
    Cheers!

Now that I placed most of the markers for the places I want to go to, is there a way to export them into an Android smartphone?
    Or, alternatively, is it possible to export an itinerary created with the classic Google Maps (i.e. Place A, Place B, Get Directions) to an Android smartphone?
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement