Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 to WHV

Options
  • 16-01-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange question but myself and my girlfriend paid for WHVs to start in September, but before going to Oz my girlfriend got sponsored and I went defacto on her visa. She is now considering leaving that job because of health issues. My question is, if she does this can we revert back to our WHVs or has that now expired? I'm going to call the relevant people tomorrow and find out but was just curious if anyone here could answer this to put our minds at rest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Bit of a strange question but myself and my girlfriend paid for WHVs to start in September, but before going to Oz my girlfriend got sponsored and I went defacto on her visa. She is now considering leaving that job because of health issues. My question is, if she does this can we revert back to our WHVs or has that now expired? I'm going to call the relevant people tomorrow and find out but was just curious if anyone here could answer this to put our minds at rest.

If the whv was not activated then it is still valid. I would imagine you may have to leave the country and come back in to activate it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Did ye contact immigration to cancel your WHV or did you just get the 457 approved? Also when was the WHV granted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Batgurl wrote: »
    Did ye contact immigration to cancel your WHV or did you just get the 457 approved? Also when was the WHV granted?

It was granted on match 27 2013, it s never cancelled or anything like that as my girlfriend was offered the job the day we left Ireland for Asia. We just got the 457 approved while travelling before getting to Oz

Advertisement