If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.1 options

Options
  • 16-01-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi Lads,  I am going to upgrade my 5.1 Marantz receiver in the coming weeks/months (waiting for a tax rebate) and am looking for options for 7.1 for my dedicated cinema room.  I have a 3D Optoma projector and I am an Apple man with an iMac and an iPhone. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Lads,  I am going to upgrade my 5.1 Marantz receiver in the coming weeks/months (waiting for a tax rebate) and am looking for options for 7.1 for my dedicated cinema room.  I have a 3D Optoma projector and I am an Apple man with an iMac and an iPhone. 
    Sharkey,

there are going to be changes in the current Marantz AVR ( Av Receiver) line-up this year, some of which I understand are pretty exciting - this will mean there should be some clearance opportunities on the current line-up - we can already do the following:

SR5007 ( last one to clear) £649 - Reduced to £299.95

Marantz NR1604 - £529.95 - Reduced to £349.95 

Marantz SR5008 - £529.95 / €649.99 ( I see it online most places in the ROI at €760-€799)

Marantz SR6008 - £599.95 / €749.99 ( again it appears to be over €900 in the ROI at the moment!)

Marantz SR7008 - £919.95 / €1099.99 ( Over €1500 in the ROI!)

Keep us posted if any of these are interesting - we have them all available from stock and ready to ship - alternatively if you can give us an approx budget we will come back to you with alternatives,

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharkey_dub

I suppose I was thinking around £500 but maybe more, not much more though!  It doesn't have to be Marantz just as long as its compatible with my other stuff. I can hold off for a while if its for a better deal.

I suppose I was thinking around £500 but maybe more, not much more though!  It doesn't have to be Marantz just as long as its compatible with my other stuff. I can hold off for a while if its for a better deal.
    For £500 you will get a really good 7.1 AVR - the 3 best options at the moment are probably
    :

Yamaha RXV675 - £349.95 /€439.99
    Denon AVRX3000 - £499.95/ €624.99
    Yamaha RXV775 - £469.95 /€589.99

What speakers are you using - this is what the deciding factor for me would be and do you need 2 HDMI outs? ( do you use a TV as well as your projector?)

Thanks again & keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi, at the moment Im using Athena as-b1 as my fronts with a Mission M3C1 center speaker.  I use a yamaha YST-SW215 active sub. Im using 2 small pioneer speakers as my rears.  I will be upgrading these in time.  At the moment I am only using the Projector but that may change in the future.  Heres a few photos.

Hi, at the moment Im using Athena as-b1 as my fronts with a Mission M3C1 center speaker.  I use a yamaha YST-SW215 active sub. Im using 2 small pioneer speakers as my rears.  I will be upgrading these in time.  At the moment I am only using the Projector but that may change in the future.  Heres a few photos.

Nice set-up

I'm jealous!

If it was my system - I would go for the Yamaha RXV375 and put the extra spends towards new rear speakers - for example I would do the RXV675 with the Monitor Audio BXFX http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/monitor-audio/bronze-bxfx/moni-audio-bxfx-blk at just £529.95 - overall this would give you a better sound than a better receiver with the Pioneer rears (you could press the Poneers into service as your additional speakers in the 7.1 system if you wished)

This would only bust the budget slightly, but completely transform your sound!

If you were going to add a second screen - that may change things and you would have to look at the RXV775 to save you plugging & unplugging HDMI's out all the time.

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

• Advertisement

Nice set-up

I'm jealous!

If it was my system - I would go for the Yamaha RXV375 and put the extra spends towards new rear speakers - for example I would do the RXV675 with the Monitor Audio BXFX http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/monitor-audio/bronze-bxfx/moni-audio-bxfx-blk at just £529.95 - overall this would give you a better sound than a better receiver with the Pioneer rears (you could press the Poneers into service as your additional speakers in the 7.1 system if you wished)

This would only bust the budget slightly, but completely transform your sound!

If you were going to add a second screen - that may change things and you would have to look at the RXV775 to save you plugging & unplugging HDMI's out all the time.

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Hi again,

Are you saying go for the RXV675 AVR and replace the back speakers with the Monitor BXBF and use the small Pioneers as surround left and rights? 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi again,

Are you saying go for the RXV675 AVR and replace the back speakers with the Monitor BXBF and use the small Pioneers as surround left and rights? 

Hi Sharkey_dub

Yip that us what John was saying as BXFX are designed as a rear speaker and would give the best from your setup.

I think the first 375 was a mistake and should have been 675.

I'm using a 673 myself and it is fantastic, Yamaha have really made some cracking receivers over the last few years.

Hi again,

Hi Sharkey_dub

Yip that us what John was saying as BXFX are designed as a rear speaker and would give the best from your setup.

I think the first 375 was a mistake and should have been 675.

I'm using a 673 myself and it is fantastic, Yamaha have really made some cracking receivers over the last few years.
    I didn't think rear speakers were that important as its just for effects isn't it?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.