Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a phone line in a house with a phone line before??? Seems to be impossible

Options
  • 16-01-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I moved recently from Meath to Laoise. I used the online form for moving house and got an email notification. After hearning nothing,  I tried to contact the CS Team. No success. Always the same message "you are calling outside our working hours". Turned out the Team did't bother to change the tape while closing for 2 week. I rang on the 2nd of January again and waited for 1hour. I gave the Agent the previous phone number in the house and was told the phone line will be switched in few days. Live chat was useless, she couldn't help me. After the switching day, nothing worked. I called again and was again transfered to get cut off as several times  before. My compaint came back with the messge to call,ha ha!
    The next Agent told me I shouldn't be transferd as the department was already closed and the technician has to come. No response since.
    I am working from home and losing time and money as nobody is able to open the line since 4 weeks!

Help please
    Andea
    79887648a

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I moved recently from Meath to Laoise. I used the online form for moving house and got an email notification. After hearning nothing,  I tried to contact the CS Team. No success. Always the same message "you are calling outside our working hours". Turned out the Team did't bother to change the tape while closing for 2 week. I rang on the 2nd of January again and waited for 1hour. I gave the Agent the previous phone number in the house and was told the phone line will be switched in few days. Live chat was useless, she couldn't help me. After the switching day, nothing worked. I called again and was again transfered to get cut off as several times  before. My compaint came back with the messge to call,ha ha!
    The next Agent told me I shouldn't be transferd as the department was already closed and the technician has to come. No response since.
    I am working from home and losing time and money as nobody is able to open the line since 4 weeks!

Help please
    Andea
    79887648a

Hi andreatherese

I've looked into this and I can confirm that there was an attempt to remotely reactivate your line in your new house on the 7th of January however this reactivation seems to have failed as the line to your new house is damaged. As the line is damaged an engineer needs to call out to repair and reactivate your line.

The timeframe for this engineer to do this can be up to 10 working days. Until the line is repaired and installed by the technician an order for broadband will not be able to be placed on your line and then a further 5 working day period will apply for the broadband to activate.

I'm aware that this timeframe can be disappointing however this does happen in some cases when activating telephone lines.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement