Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Whey/creatine combos

• 16-01-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im currently on the 5x5 programme and want to build a good amount of mass by the summer. Im 6ft 2inches height and weigh in or around 12 stone. Athletic build. Good physical shape and workout three to four times a week. The one thing I fall down on is getting enough protein into my diet. I'm drinking shakes (€25 tub from health food store in liffey valley) twice a day and seeing some improvements for sure but just wanted to get peoples opinions on the best whey products out there (mid range budget) and whether creatine should be used in combination (or on its own). Any advice from experienced weight lifters would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

How much protein are you looking to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

what are you currently eating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hi guys,

Im currently on the 5x5 programme and want to build a good amount of mass by the summer. Im 6ft 2inches height and weigh in or around 12 stone. Athletic build. Good physical shape and workout three to four times a week. The one thing I fall down on is getting enough protein into my diet. I'm drinking shakes (€25 tub from health food store in liffey valley) twice a day and seeing some improvements for sure but just wanted to get peoples opinions on the best whey products out there (mid range budget) and whether creatine should be used in combination (or on its own). Any advice from experienced weight lifters would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Sure use creatine, its cheap as fook anyway. Get your stuff online from myprotein, bulkpowders or theproteinworks. Get your whey from there too.

Whey is a supplement though - its meant to supplement a healthy diet, not form the basis of one :) Eating meat is your best bet. Last night for dinner i threw 3 chicken breasts into a pot of water for 20 mins and then ate 2 with some spuds and veg, the 3rd went into lunch today. Pints of milk with dinner and lunch will also help with protein requirements.

You should be looking to get anywhere from 120 to 150 grams of protein a day.

Last night for dinner i threw 3 chicken breasts into a pot of water for 20 mins and then ate 2 with some spuds and veg, the 3rd went into lunch today.

Did you boil the spuds and veg in the same pot?

Not concerned about hygiene...just wondering how much of a lazy Alan B'Stard you are. :pac:

Did you boil the spuds and veg in the same pot?

Not concerned about hygiene...just wondering how much of a lazy Alan B'Stard you are. :pac:

Nah, the veg was separate as i use that pot to then make gravy. I would have no issue throwing it all in one pot and making chicken stew though :)

• Advertisement

Nah, the veg was separate as i use that pot to then make gravy. I would have no issue throwing it all in one pot and making chicken stew though :)

Do you not find the chicken a bit bland though.

That said, it's been a while since I boiled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

throw in a stock cube or spice bag. use the chicken water to make the gravy

Boiled chicken is rank tho.

Nope, its tender and juicy and smothered in delicious gravy.

Ah. Gravy.

That'll do.

Advertisement