Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance

Options
  • 16-01-2014 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I own a house(well the bank own) which I have rented out.
    Can anyone help with who to get house insurance off for rental properties as policy is due for renewal and want to get best rate going.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

all insurers offer insurance for rented properties. Its the same as private property other than it falls into a separate risk factor so you will probably pay slightly more. Ring around as they all offer it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rory the red.

Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Rory the red
    .. who offered you the best rate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rory the red.

123.ie offered me the best rate,but the property is going to be leased to a county council under the RAS scheme which 123.ie said they couldn't ensure as their policy doesn't cover that.They advised me to go to a broker as they were my best option.I then went with a broker that I thrust who gave me a policy which unfortunately was more expensive.
    Hope this is of some help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement