Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Dollar Exchange Rate

Options
  • 16-01-2014 1:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

I think right now 1 Euro is equal to 1.49 Canadian $. Best it's been in a long time, since before 2010 anyway.

If you were thinking of travelling to Canada, would now be the time to start exchanging your money, or do people think it might rise higher?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Its being rising for the last few months, and in Canada they are worried about the drop in the value of the CAD. I don't really know much about the markets, but i wouldn't be surprised if it does rise a bit further.

Pretty jealous as I moved over last year and only got something like 1.30 for my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im the opposite....sitting on 15000 cad I brought back with me cos the rate was sh1te....was 1.39 at the time 3 months ago....only got worse since

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

Not too sure about the Euro, but the Canadian dollar is expected to continue to fall this year. There was a thread on this late last year.

At a guess, and based on the little I've read, I expect more of a drop versus the US dollar, and it's very unlikely to gain the losses versus US dollar over the next year(s).

It was dollar for dollar with the US dollar this time last year, even a bit above. Now it's down to 90 cents; where it should be most say, and where the Canadian Government want it as they want to boost exports. I think some are predicting as low as 85 cents v US dollar, even by summer.

Advertisement