Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugby for 6 Nations

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

77th overall :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

In 2008th overall and 4th in the Boards league. Our leader is 9th in the world, nicely done "xvmen".

In the Irish Times I'm 97th overall and top of a boards league "Feck Toulon" so fair to say I'm pretty happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

270ish in the irish times version. Didn't get a chance to change my team after the teams were announced before GW1 so had 2 non-starters. Has cost me big style.

Just realised AW Jones is out having brought him in today and used all 5 transfers. That's me 2 points down!

Took out North for Cuthbert....d'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Took out North for Cuthbert....d'oh!

I did the same, and I raise you taking out Warburton for Lydiate. Bad start to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Just realised AW Jones is out having brought him in today

:eek: Sh*te ! Did the same to have a 2nd row playing the full game. That was some success :pac:... He was supposed to play. What happened?

On a side note, embarassing performance from a French point of view tonight :(...

Dropped from 97th to 152nd in the Irish Times game. Joint top of Boards league there.

As for the ESPN dropped from 2k to 8k but still 4th in the boards league however xvmen is the runaway leader there.

Safe to say the Irish Times is attracting a little more of my attention now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Dropped from 97th to 152nd in the Irish Times game. Joint top of Boards league there.

As for the ESPN dropped from 2k to 8k but still 4th in the boards league however xvmen is the runaway leader there.

Safe to say the Irish Times is attracting a little more of my attention now.

Not for long unfortunately, funny how the pending members in each league want to join now once they have the highest score in each league.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thought I had a shocker, but actually rose to 15th overall!

If I left in North instead of Cuthbert i'd be in the top 5!

One transfer almost every team will have to make is Parisse out. In all the years of doing fantasy 6 nations he's been the one constant :pac:

With Fofana and Picamoles out too there'll be a lot of necessary transfers this week rather than picking the optimum player, can only be a good thing. Just a pity there's no points hits allowed or captaincy in these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

One transfer almost every team will have to make is Parisse out. In all the years of doing fantasy 6 nations he's been the one constant :pac:

With Fofana and Picamoles out too there'll be a lot of necessary transfers this week rather than picking the optimum player, can only be a good thing. Just a pity there's no points hits allowed or captaincy in these games.

My 4 French lads dont play at all. Sigh.

Edit, actually Mas does play. Still thats 3 transfers done

I'm glad Zebo and Bowe didn't make the Irish squad as I couldn't have fitted either in and fielded 15.

I'm not expecting too much from these fixtures as it's hard to call how France will perform and what England-Wales do.

A bad day for those who don't have Sexton at outhalf with 2 tries, and those who picked BOD on sentiment will be rewarded with 2 assists I think, definitely one anyway.

A bad day for those who don't have Sexton at outhalf with 2 tries, and those who picked BOD on sentiment will be rewarded with 2 assists I think, definitely one anyway.

And a MOTM award probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Didnt do too bad in the end, Sexton, BOD, Danny Care, Huget, Denton (?) all high scorers. Moved up to 10300 overall.

Watch out, leaders.

I dropped about 200 places in the Irish Times to 331, which is disappointing. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted I'm as high as that but I was at 98th a few weeks ago.

As for the ESPN I'm at about 7k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The new champ needs to step forward, no point being all gracious in victory. Is it one of the forum regulars? KevIrl is the only one who would fit the bill I think, haven't the time to go investigating now.

I finished in 10th in the boards league(espn), I thought i'd have made big ground yesterday with 97 points but it wasn't to be, I don't think I had a try for the first two weeks, only started scoring well last week.

The new champ needs to step forward, no point being all gracious in victory. Is it one of the forum regulars? KevIrl is the only one who would fit the bill I think, haven't the time to go investigating now.

I finished in 10th in the boards league(espn), I thought i'd have made big ground yesterday with 97 points but it wasn't to be, I don't think I had a try for the first two weeks, only started scoring well last week.

I finished in 3rd (about 6k overall), but my concentration was more with the Irish Times where I finished 232 overall, I think about 6 extra points would have seen me back inside the top 100 there. I was 40 points behind 1st but he seemed to benefit from BOD picking up 2 MOTM's and 2 assists the last 2 weeks. He actually won the thing because of that MOTM yesterday which BOD got which is more of a joke than any FPL bonus point system.

Roughly speaking I think there were about 30,000 competing in the IT and around 100,000 in the ESPN which is pretty impressive when compared to the behemoth of FPL with 3 million worldwide.

It's great to see so many in the league compared to November and the Lions last year. I'd be hopeful that we could co-ordinate things better with the rugby forum next year and get an even more active thread going for it, as the Irish Times leagues from over there had a massive number in their leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

A bit like Joe Schmidt its an honor winning this on my debut season, hopefully can kick on from here and coming into a world cup year gain some momentum and dominate like the All Blacks for years to come.
    Brought in D Szarzewski for the last game and also dropped BOD for J Davies in the last round.
    I have to pay compliment to all the other teams in the competition who pushed me all the way.
    And finally to William Gilbert 1799; a great bunch of lads.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Completely forgot about that for the last 2 GWs... Ah well didn't follow the 6N very closely this year, I feel PSA is having something to do with it :rolleyes:...

Advertisement