Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb health insurance question!

Options
  • 16-01-2014 2:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

OK looking through a policy there

it has an annual out-patient excess of €50 which I assume means that after all your annual out patient fees like GP visits and visits to a consultant that the person who takes the insurance will be liable for the first €50 then will be covered after that

then the same policy says that for consultant visits that the cover will be up to €40 per visit

so let's say the cost of seeing the consultant is €150

then I pay the first €50 which takes me to my point of excess then what about the remaining €100?

Is it to be paid €40 by the insurance company and €60 by me?

Basically I was confused by the annual out-patient excess figure of €50, once I get beyond this point it doesn't mean I am automatically 100% covered for everything, it just means I can claim moderate refunds on some of my expenses, is that correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

If you have €40 per visit with a consultant cost of €150 and an excess of €50 you get nothing for the first visit (you only get €40 per visit, excess €50)

Advertisement