Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom out around Caherconlish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Still no broadband after 5 days , but of a joke at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Foxxer1980

Keep calling the tech support guys and kick up a fuss, ask them to call the engineer for an update, Its a full month now this is completely unacceptable from Eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Yip, you have to heep hammering the support lines Im afraid.

Dont forget they have twitter and a forum aswell, acutally dont they have a forum here?..lemme see....

Indeed they do:

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

spoke to comreg today regarding this issue with Eircom. Attached is their advice, Anyone who is having issues I urge you to do the same

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email.

ComReg can become involved in the resolution of individual cases only when the customer has first lodged a complaint with the operator in question. To lodge a formal complaint I advise you to proceed as outlined below:

• Contact eircom via email to ccm@eircom.ie
    • State that you have been advised by ComReg to lodge a formal complaint
    • Request a complaint reference number
    • Give the details of your complaint

If eircom does not respond to your complaint within 10 working days you can contact ComReg with the complaint reference number and we will review your complaint and refer the matter to eircom if appropriate. We will keep track of the progress of your complaint and when the service provider lets us know that the issue is resolved we will examine the resolution and check to see that all your issues have been dealt with.

If you have already lodged a complaint please revert back to us with the date this was submitted. We will also require your billing address and eircom account number to escalate your case.

Should you have any other queries or require any other assistance from me you can call our Consumer Team on 1890 229668 or 01 8049668. Your ComReg case number is xxxx.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ComReg Consumer Management

Commission for Communications Regulation
    Abbey Court Irish Life Centre Lower Abbey Street Dublin 1 Ireland
    Telephone 01 804 9668 / 1890 229 668
    Fax 01 804 9680
    Email consumerline@comreg.ie

Just wondering if anyone is getting anywhere with these drop outs?

• Advertisement

Nope, still a disaster, I have lodged a formal complaint with commreg thinking that might get them to do something but the reality right now is that I don't think they know what is wrong and therefore it can't be fixed. It was out on Saturday morning for 3/4 hours and I spent at least an hour on the phone to them again the only way we are going to get them to do anything is if there are enough people shouting. On at least 5 occasions now I have been contacted by Eircom engineers who are at the exchange trying to fix it so when they are finished I call to get an update and the engineer has either fixed it(which he hasn't) or is unable to fix it and it has to be assigned to a senior engineer.....And the loop starts all over again. The guys on twitter have stopped responding, the guys on the Eircom forum here just ignore you so if nothing else there customer service is consistently terrible right across board.

Hey Foxxer,

Quick question, do you neighbors have the same issues?

Yes they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mine is still dropping daily. Sick of ringing Eircom and starting their chats to be told the exact same thing every time ....uh it's being escalated. No one can tell me what's going on. I was going to cancel but they offered me a tenner off my bill for 6 months. Only sticking around for e-fiber anyway but the service is atrocious. I remember when I had UPC, Brilliant service. The odd time I had a problem, phone support had it fixed very quickly. I miss UPC :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Mine has been fairly stable for over a week now (touchwood) unless its dropping while we are out. Sky reported the issue to eircom but if others is still dropping they have obviously done nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Only saw this thread now,yep same issue,dropping on and off a fair few times,i thought it was just us,going to start taking note now of the times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hi lads, Im out here also but with Sky, and haven't had a drop out in a while now. Strange that as Sky use the same cables as Eircom, issues must with the Eircom backbone \ hardware.

Got a new modem to try (hey it was free)....will see what that does...wont be holding any breath.

Seems theyve dropped my rate to 7Mb aswell...must investigate that...

I'll put together some montoring on the modem aswell over the weekend and see whats going on.

Mine hasn't dropped in 2 days touch wood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Typical, Prefect WiFi but no electricity or water. :o

Pings times gone to the dogs, looks like we're being routed through Galway at the moment;

A trace from me to RTE:

C:\>tracert rte.ie

Tracing route to rte.ie [89.207.56.140]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms x.x.x.x
    2 98 ms 93 ms 126 ms b-ras3.mvw.galway.eircom.net [159.134.155.12]
    3 85 ms 84 ms 84 ms tenge-5-1-1.pe1.mvw.mvw-sla.eircom.net [86.43.247.197]
    4 89 ms 87 ms 89 ms tenge-6-2-1.core1.bdt.core.eircom.net [86.43.252.245]
    5 90 ms 88 ms 88 ms tenge-1-2-1.pe1.6cr.6cr-6cr.eircom.net [86.43.255.90]
    6 87 ms 97 ms 96 ms 83.71.115.181
    7 92 ms * 89 ms mat-r-10ge-0-0-3.rte.ie [193.242.111.42]
    8 89 ms 89 ms 90 ms www.rte.ie [89.207.56.140]

Trace complete.

Upload and download speeds are atrocious aswell:

3310336290.png

Now they may be routing us through Galway while the B-ras (server that controls yer connection essentially) in limerick is being sorted. If they are doing this then it may sort the intermittent drop outs. For those of us that cant get a connection, Id say its a line issue, the recent weather not helping at all.

Been talking to the neighbours about it, loads have already been on to Eircom about this but as long as they keep fobbing us off as individual cases we wont get anywhere.

Just wondering if anyone got any satisfaction yet now that theyve had a change to clear things up after the storm?

Mine hasn't dropped since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Was having dropouts all weekend, it made Xbox Live unplayable. The mother just texted to say the Eircom engineer is currently in the house checking it out.

And we're back to being routed through Galway again, say hello to high ping times and packet loss. I wonder is anywhere else in Limerick being routed through Galway at the moment?

• Advertisement

Great, DSL connection acting up again in case anyone is experiencing issues.

Speed gone to the dogs:

3478844418.png

Ping times acting up aswell, sitting at 100ms.

Yupp mine too, acting very weird. Very slow at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Was just about to find this post again, chronic speeds tonight :mad:

Ping times to my modem from a UK server: something not right.

Dave_Modem_48hrs-PING+%281%29.png

Started friday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Jesus this is absolutely shocking. Have 50mb broadband with vodafone in the city which is an absolute dream.

Come out home at the weekend near Hospital where we have 3mb which is usually working fine. Never would I recommend these chancers to anyone.

3480570812.png

Can't even watch netflix or youtube on low quality

June July efibre can't come soon enough but not holding my breath, bound to be delays or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Spotted KN vans up by the exchange last week so hopefully it is on schedule

Jesus this is absolutely shocking. Have 50mb broadband with vodafone in the city which is an absolute dream.

Come out home at the weekend near Hospital where we have 3mb which is usually working fine. Never would I recommend these chancers to anyone.

3480570812.png

Can't even watch netflix or youtube on low quality

Yeah... thing is though....vodafone are on Eircoms infrastructure, one the reasons I didnt go with anyone other than eircom. If theres a problem with your vodafone connection then you have to get on to vodafone who has to get on to eircom, who prioritise their issues over other carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 scottieniven

Eircom is out around here in o'briens bridge/ killaloe.

(Cant post speedtest link) Were getting 0.61/0.54 down/up with 110ms ping.

Router is synced at 20mb, pfSense is working correctly. So eircom is having some issues somewhere.

• Advertisement

Hi scottieniven,

It smells like a trunk issue somewhere up the line form Limerick. I did a check from a box thats on an efibre line in Shannon over the weekend and that was fine, so maybe only affecting ADSL lines which to me seem to be trunked through Galway.

Dave_Modem5-PING.png

The regularity of the issue makes me wonder if its a queue being applied to an IP range or something.

Advertisement