Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom out around Caherconlish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Crap, I was hoping Fibre be hear sooner than that. Sky BB since last week is terrible, ping speeds 140MS, DL .5 to 2MB, its unusable :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Mine was brutal last couple of days with a DL speed of 1mb but so far today it's not so bad , running at about 10mb

Just onto Sky support, getting sick of this now at the stage.... Will let you know how I get on..

good luck with it.

• Advertisement

Anybody else having BB issues in the Limerick area?

We need a union! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Absolutely terrible for the last couple of nights (NCW) - I'm on a 16MB line...

3487057713.png

Well lads after sending over an hour I am none of the wiser. In fairness, the person I was on to was sound, and had me going through the usual fault finding steps, remove devices, faceplate, sky box etc etc but they couldnt see a fault on their side.

I explained to her that it was fine until a week ago and now I cannot use it. I have to take a few more speed tests over 24 hours and ring back. She said the more people who log a fault in my area the better and they will pass the call to BT. Paying 40e a quid is a joke though for this level of BB.

I then asked her about Sky offering fibre and she said that she cant see it happening for another while. She reckons Sky are 3-4 months behind, once Eircom upgrade the lines\exchanges.

Hi dj,

I dont think the problem is with Sky or BT etc, the problem seems to be Eircoms infrastructure, someone somewhere did something wrong as everything was fine up to friday then it went ass, and recovers around midnight every night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

if were talking about the caherconlish area or to be exact the inch st laurence exchange and the areas services by it ballyneety bohermore caherelly etc.

The issue is not going to be a fault its most likely congestion.
    Eircom are having widespread issues with this atm expecially with non enhanced exchanges (exchanges that cannot offer 24mb)

When fibre arrives this will alleviate the problem as people will migrate to this but eircom are not going to upgrade the current system for this very reason.

unfortunately I'd say sit tight till august or look into other technologies such as fixed wireless broadband if your experiencing these speed issues.

A telltale sign of congestion is a line testing perfect but speed being non existent at peak times but perfectly usable after 12 at night.

I

• Advertisement

Not sure if its congestion is to blame entirely, as I ran tests morning, noon and might with no avail, I had no issues at all up until last week.

On a side note, it seems to be grand again, getting full10MB speed and pings down to 32ms..

Is it gone back to normal for everyone else?

Hi djsim,

It seems it was an internal issue in Eircoms network, plenty of discussion over in the broadband forum.

Was fine last night, back to usual pings and bandwidth, hopefully stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

if were talking about the caherconlish area or to be exact the inch st laurence exchange and the areas services by it ballyneety bohermore caherelly etc.

The issue is not going to be a fault its most likely congestion.
    Eircom are having widespread issues with this atm expecially with non enhanced exchanges (exchanges that cannot offer 24mb)

When fibre arrives this will alleviate the problem as people will migrate to this but eircom are not going to upgrade the current system for this very reason.

unfortunately I'd say sit tight till august or look into other technologies such as fixed wireless broadband if your experiencing these speed issues.

A telltale sign of congestion is a line testing perfect but speed being non existent at peak times but perfectly usable after 12 at night.

I

Our broadband in Hospital has gone very bad lately. Dropping altogether around early evening (surprised to be able to write this now actually!) and then again around 8/9ish. Eircom say the line is ok and sent us a new router and splitter but every evening it's the same - goes down altogether or slows right down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

After the recent spate of 'speed losses' for want of a better term, I decided to give mobile bb a trial. I have been presently surprised getting speeds between 18 & 23mbps, this is on meteor network €22.49 pm for 30gb. Was previously getting 4.3 consistently with sky then they changed my profile & was getting 3.5. Only downside is wifi signal inside the house is not that strong, downstairs where modem is signal is fine but upstairs is very weak.

Guess whats back.....

Dave_Modem-PING.png

How .... I mean....cant we??....I mean....is it really that fookin hard to deliver broadband thats reliable???

Exactly how are we supposed to become a tech country if we cant do fookin tech. /rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see EFibre has been pushed back til october :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 scottieniven

Yep, eircom seems to be having an issue at the moment, very low speeds atm (1-3mb out of 20)

This is in clare near killaloe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Ya I am in inch st laurence currently getting 1.45mb download , painful to say the least

Its ok everyone....its back to normal.....phew!

Are they watching us? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Xennon wrote: »
    Its ok everyone....its back to normal.....phew!

Are they watching us? :eek:

There definitely watching and are afraid of you as you know exactly what is going on and they cant fob you off like the average customer. :D

• Advertisement

Well chaps, improvement here in Castlepark, as in the ping times are down to under 50ms but DL speeds still not a patch on what I am used to.

Also, while I am ranting, how come the Fibre keeps getting pushed back :mad: Should have it in since April at this stage.

We must meet up for a pint some evening and discuss it over a pint :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I imagine that Eircom's customer base in the area is pretty low so it probably is less of a priority out there.

Your dead right, can't see its very cost affective to bring fibre to the village, even if everyone changed over/back to Eircom.

I'd still be very slow changing back to them. I found them terrible. Hope sky offer fibre by the time it becomes available here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As Sky were one of the last to enter the ISP market here they will probably be one of the last to get on the Eircom fiber infrastructure too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

bazz26 wrote: »
    As Sky were one of the last to enter the ISP market here they will probably be one of the last to get on the Eircom fiber infrastructure too.

Sky use BT's equipment in some exchanges which makes it slightly more complicated to develop FTTC services, since they deal with BT and Eircom Wholesale.

"E-Commerce hub of Europe"

My ARSE!

Dropping packets again...joy...lots of new green cabinets around tho and some KN networks vans outside the exchange....

Could be worse tho...could be in this persons situation who was trying to get broadband, and this is the reply they got from Eircom support:

"I have just been looking into this for you. Unfortunately I can confirm that there are no ports currently available at the exchange. In order to have Broadband active on your account your line needs to be plugged in to an available DSL port in the exchange you are connected to. At your exchange (Kells, Kilkenny) there are currently no ports available which means that Broadband cannot be provided currently. A port is basically a plug-in-point for your Broadband."

Xennon wrote: »
    Dropping packets again...joy...lots of new green cabinets around tho and some KN networks vans outside the exchange....

Could be worse tho...could be in this persons situation who was trying to get broadband, and this is the reply they got from Eircom support:

"I have just been looking into this for you. Unfortunately I can confirm that there are no ports currently available at the exchange. In order to have Broadband active on your account your line needs to be plugged in to an available DSL port in the exchange you are connected to. At your exchange (Kells, Kilkenny) there are currently no ports available which means that Broadband cannot be provided currently. A port is basically a plug-in-point for your Broadband."
    Where are the new cabinets being installed ? There is already one by entrance to Castlepark, credit union & Oakley lawn, nice to have a few more. 2 vans outside credit union yesterday ! Eircom site still quoting October for fibre, hopefully this may change for the better now

According to eircoms site caherconlish is now a fibre enabled area. Has anyone signed up for it yet & what speeds are you getting ? Their line checker reports a speed of 18mbps on our line, getting more than that with 4g at the moment, living in ceol na habhann.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nope saw that during the week and rang them. Still not available til october. Registered my interest in it, like i did before. Wont trust them to call back will be ringing them 1st October for an update.

Advertisement