Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa for Australia! Really need some help!

Options
  • 16-01-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

Apologies for flooding with another visa query but the site has been by far the best service for info about these things that I could find.

I'm looking to go on a 1-year work and travel visa sometime this year and just have a couple of questions about what the craic is in regards to the whole process and one or two other things. I know a lot of companies like USIT and Go4Less offer promotions but I'm wondering are these lads worth the effort and cash or can the visa process just be sorted out by yourself? I'm curious because I know USIT offer a 'Job Service' and as someone who is anxious about getting some work when out there I'm wondering does anyone know anymore about this or have experience with it?
    Also is there much hassle and paperwork with the visa process? A few friends recently went on a J1 and they had a horrid time getting every sort of thing together on top of embassy stuff and other things!

Again, sorry to be adding to the piles of these queries but it's been tough sourcing info from websites that deal with this sort of thing! Cheers in advance to anyone who can give a hand!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hi guys,

Apologies for flooding with another visa query but the site has been by far the best service for info about these things that I could find.

I'm looking to go on a 1-year work and travel visa sometime this year and just have a couple of questions about what the craic is in regards to the whole process and one or two other things. I know a lot of companies like USIT and Go4Less offer promotions but I'm wondering are these lads worth the effort and cash or can the visa process just be sorted out by yourself? I'm curious because I know USIT offer a 'Job Service' and as someone who is anxious about getting some work when out there I'm wondering does anyone know anymore about this or have experience with it?
    Also is there much hassle and paperwork with the visa process? A few friends recently went on a J1 and they had a horrid time getting every sort of thing together on top of embassy stuff and other things!

Again, sorry to be adding to the piles of these queries but it's been tough sourcing info from websites that deal with this sort of thing! Cheers in advance to anyone who can give a hand!

Do it all yoursel

Use the FAQ for queries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Unless you plan to work with children or in the medical industry, which requires a few additional checks, all you have to do is fill in a form online. I got my approval 20mins later. Going through a visa company for a WHV is a complete waste of money. If you have to ability to book a flight online you can fill out the visa form.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Heading myself in october/november !just gonna book the visa myself and a one way flight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

DIY, you save on alot of unnecessary hassle and expense. Visa agencies such as the ones you mentioned are just trying to make a quick buck. My WHV was granted in under a week in October 13 :)

Advertisement