Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unauthorised credit card transaction

Options
  • 16-01-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,

A few days ago I noticed 2 unusual transactions on my credit card. I phoned up and cancelled the card immediately and have had a new one sent out. The BOI representative advised me that a dispute will go out the the transactions however didn't mention if, how or when the problem would be resolved.

The 2 payments were made to a legitimate company in the uk who were notified by myself of this problem. 

Where do i stand on this issue now? Is there anyone else I need to contact in order to have this issue put right? Or do I just wait?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Contrails,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

As we do not have account access here it is difficult to answer your query with specific clarification. However, we can confirm, once you raise a dispute over a transaction with Credit Card Service, our dedicated Chargebacks team will contact the company in question to query the legitimacy of the authorisation.

This team will contact you as soon as they have heard from the company. We are aware that this team is currently experiencing a high volume of disputes cases however, if you need an update on your case please feel free to contact Credit Card Services at any point.

We would also suggest that you speak to the company in question again. As if this is a simple error on their behalf, you may be able to resolve this issue quicker with them directly.

We hope this information helps. If we can help with anything in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement