Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chippers and take aways all over County Wexford

Options
  • 16-01-2014 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

hi all its nearly the weekend so lets list and compare notes on whos the best regards brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

premier in wex town i would eat there grease like a soup

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Premier for me too - at least for chips and chicken. For fish it has to be the place down on Kilmore Quay - their Monkfish special is amazing (albeit a little pricey).

Premier for me too - at least for chips and chicken. For fish it has to be the place down on Kilmore Quay - their Monkfish special is amazing (albeit a little pricey).

yeah i live down from quay you would be waiting ages there unless you phone order

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Large Taco from the Penguin in New Ross. You will not get better. Anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

The new loaded nachos from the Premier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Seaview Take Away I think is the name.

They have a restaurant/cafe now aswell apparently

Have to say it's quite hard to get a decent bag of chips in Wexford Town, premier probably the best of a bad lot - too many reheats going on in chippers for my liking

alot them love reheat burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

For fish it has to be the place down on Kilmore Quay - their Monkfish special is amazing (albeit a little pricey).

I always head over to Kilmore Quay to get a fish & chip in that place any time I'm down that direction, 20 mins out of the way but so worth it!

I always head over to Kilmore Quay to get a fish & chip in that place any time I'm down that direction, 20 mins out of the way but so worth it!

like everything but there chips

• Advertisement

Arcanis wrote: »
    The Premier doesn't reheat any of their food. I'm a former employee and I have to say that everything is super fresh, and the place is spotlessly clean.

have agree thats why there food is the best there rissole omg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

brilou23 wrote: »
    have agree thats why there food is the best there rissole omg

What's a rissole? I've heard them mentioned before

wiki ans
    Fried rissoles are common in the Republic of Ireland, especially in the county of Wexford, where boiled potatoes are mashed, mixed with herbs and spices, battered or breadcrumbed,

It's like a potatoe cake. Or like a seasoned bit of mashed potato battered or crumbed then fried. The Premiers are the best and they have the original receipie I'm told

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Good man, And for your next post we'll have the name of the chipper. Or do you want to give us the street it was on first?

County Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

All chippers and take-aways I know serve junk food

Arcanis wrote: »
    The Premier doesn't reheat any of their food. I'm a former employee and I have to say that everything is super fresh, and the place is spotlessly clean.

Don't think the premier cook their burgers fresh, seems like they are microwaved no?

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Wexford.

Nice, good to know, and did you get a nice bag of chips?

It's like a potatoe cake. Or like a seasoned bit of mashed potato battered or crumbed then fried. The Premiers are the best and they have the original receipie I'm told

Thought the Bride Street Chipper was the original no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

vicwatson wrote: »
    Nice, good to know, and did you get a nice bag of chips?

I did, they were lovely.

• Advertisement

Don't think the premier cook their burgers fresh, seems like they are microwaved no?
    They haven't reheated burgers for ages - when was the last time you were there?

Thought the Bride Street Chipper was the original no?
    Nellys was the original but the Premier bought her receipie and it's been passed down through the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Burgers - Uncle Sams. They are cooked there and then. Premier has only recently started this practice. Before this they were reheated.

Chips - Premier, though they can be extremely greasy (not always a bad thing)

Chicken - Premier

Cafolla is a good spot and are good all round I find

They haven't reheated burgers for ages - when was the last time you were there?

Nellys was the original but the Premier bought her receipie and it's been passed down through the family.

Couple of weeks ago though didnt get burger that time, they dissapear out back, the burgers were yak but that seems to have changed, they are cooking them fresh now right?

Be still nice if Wexford had a gbk, bebos and the likes for a good burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

All chippers and take-aways I know serve junk food

Are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Seaview Take Away I think is the name.

They have a restaurant/cafe now aswell apparently

It's the The Saltee Chipper, or is there a second good chipper in Kilmore Quay?

Poochie05 wrote: »
    It's the The Saltee Chipper, or is there a second good chipper in Kilmore Quay?

No, you are spot on !

Corvo wrote: »
    Burgers - Uncle Sams. They are cooked there and then.
    Last time I had a burger and taco fries from Uncle SAMs I was pissed but almost puked from the taste whatever they do to them! I hear some places parboil them or keep them in warm water?
    Couple of weeks ago though didnt get burger that time, they dissapear out back, the burgers were yak but that seems to have changed, they are cooking them fresh now right?

Be still nice if Wexford had a gbk, bebos and the likes for a good burger.

It's an old building - they're probably not allowed to gut it to display their burger tossing skills! Ask the staff, they told me that the burgers are now done fresh when I asked why they taste better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Kebab Bite.

Best chips in town.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Kebab Bite.

Best chips in town.

Where is that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Is it the place in Redmond Square?

Advertisement