Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chippers and take aways all over County Wexford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So like a batter burger in a bun? with something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

whirly burger = batter burger in a bun

jpb1974 wrote: »
    whirly burger = batter burger in a bun

No sauce or anything, just batter burger and bun?

I don't get that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

ye can get bacon cheese and ketchup on it too

heartattatastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Free your mind.

Think regular burger... now replace the burger with a batter burger... and just imagine the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Free your mind.

Think regular burger... now replace the burger with a batter burger... and just imagine the rest.

don't forget to put onion rings on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Apart from Spice is there any other nice Chinese /Indian take aways in Wexford town? Had a chinese from Tengs across from the Bank of Ireland on New Years day and found it quiet disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chiurce

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Apart from Spice is there any other nice Chinese /Indian take aways in Wexford town? Had a chinese from Tengs across from the Bank of Ireland on New Years day and found it quiet disappointing.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

chin can cook at that little round about by the garda station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 chiurce

chiurce wrote: »
    No

The vine Thai take away is good. Not cheap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Very disappointed with the last Tengs I had. Chans Takeaway for me all the time now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

tengs for spring rolls but thats it, there huge

Take away from Chans restaurant far better than from their take away

brilou23 wrote: »
    chin can cook at that little round about by the garda station

Where the Bride St chipper used to be

vicwatson wrote: »
    Take away from Chans restaurant far better than from their take away

Yep, I should have clarified that I get them from there. I usually get a takeaway midweek when I'm under time pressure and the other premises is closed then

oldyouth wrote: »
    Yep, I should have clarified that I get them from there. I usually get a takeaway midweek when I'm under time pressure and the other premises is closed then

They close the "take away" during the week and just open it at weekends?

They close the "take away" during the week and just open it at weekends?

Yes, just open at the weekend these days. Was handier than the restaurant for parking but Wexford Town is dead during the week.

In other news, I hear the Happy Belly may have closed

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

In other news, I hear the Happy Belly may have closed

Was just looking to see if anyone knew why or if it was permanent (or just relocating). Certainly the building was closed up in a permanent looking fashion last night with a to-let sign outside.

Not a lot of spare money around for regular takeaways I suppose. Personally, I only get one every 3 weeks or so. If I have time, I'm happy to cook my favourite takeaway type meals from scratch or just throw the appropriate jar over chicken or beef

• Advertisement

Tried a take away from the Vine on friday night. Was a little bit more expensive but it was nice. For a thai beef curry with fried rice and chips it was nearly €15 but it was a treat. I would go back again.

Not a lot of spare money around for regular takeaways I suppose. Personally, I only get one every 3 weeks or so. If I have time, I'm happy to cook my favourite takeaway type meals from scratch or just throw the appropriate jar over chicken or beef
    If i could cook crispy beef or crispy chicken i would defo do this. Have tried it on a few occasions but its just not the same.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Dragon Heen is a nice Chinese.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Dragon Heen is a nice Chinese.

Haven't been in a while. I always found it very expensive to eat in there. Everything was 'extra'. Never got a takeaway there as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

McDonnells take away in Killinick is a great chipper. Use it quite a lot and it never disappoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Haven't been in a while. I always found it very expensive to eat in there. Everything was 'extra'. Never got a takeaway there as a result

Yeah it is when you have the meal in there but you get chips or rice with your meal when you get a takeaway/delivery.

wextipp wrote: »
    McDonnells take away in Killinick is a great chipper. Use it quite a lot and it never disappoints.

Batter burgers are yak, give you loadsa chips if i remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

Best chipper in Co Wexford is Fat Kats in Gorey and the place beside them is a great Chinese take away ......

Real food ...... and buy one get one free!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

Batter burgers are yak, give you loadsa chips if i remember correctly
    Not sure, I've never tasted yak meat so I can't comment on what it is like. But yes they do give a good few chips.

• Advertisement

wextipp wrote: »
    Not sure, I've never tasted yak meat so I can't comment on what it is like. But yes they do give a good few chips.

Oh no I didn't mean the batter burgers were made from yak meat, you thought I did? you silly boy you, no, I merely meant that they are horrible, yak/yuk.

Sorry I should have explained myself a lot clearer for you, I will in future.

Advertisement