Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Marathon - 12th Oct 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Was thinking one of Seville (23rd Feb), Barcelona (16th Mar) or Paris (6th Apr). Any recommendations?

Don't forget to get your training log going!!

All good marathons I believe so whatever suits your training schedule best should decide. Paris can be congested from what I've heard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

belcarra wrote: »
    Don't forget to get your training log going!!

All good marathons I believe so whatever suits your training schedule best should decide. Paris can be congested from what I've heard though.

As soon as I sign up, I'll start the log. A week in Portugal to enjoy first :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Nice reports J.. Don't know how you guys manage to remember so many details of marathons, fair play, i seem to switch off a lot in races, and notice barely a thing!

Any word on if we receive any physical prize for the team result?

Nice reports J.. Don't know how you guys manage to remember so many details of marathons, fair play, i seem to switch off a lot in races, and notice barely a thing!

It's probably hard to remember stuff when you're moving as fast as you are :D

• Advertisement

I will send an email to them to see if there is any movement. Over a month ago already!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

Finally got my training summary and race report done! I think marathon training was easier than that!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87907917#post87907917

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

I got an e-mail during the week from Chicago marathon saying my finishers certificate is ready for download. This means the results must all be official by now so any word on a prize for coming third in the team comp?

I got an e-mail during the week from Chicago marathon saying my finishers certificate is ready for download. This means the results must all be official by now so any word on a prize for coming third in the team comp?

No, still nothing. They never bothered to even acknowledge my email either. Poor form from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Very disappointed I haven't been able to hang this prize from my Christmas tree. Just hope they don't put our team name on it - will make for slightly awkward conversations with my children in the future! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Followed up on our team prize with the organisers, and got this response:
    Thank you for your email and congratulations on your Team's performance. The team awards have just recently been received in our office; we have been awaiting the shipping materials. We plan to start sending the awards soon.

Regards,

Bank of America Chicago Marathon
    www.chicagomarathon.com

Better clear off the mantelpiece to make some space!

2.5 months to design and produce and ship...They must be really something else!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

2.5 months to design and produce and ship...They must be really something else!!:rolleyes:

They say plastic can be a tough material to work with.

I see the new entry requirements for 2014 have been made public.
    Sub 3:15 for Men and 3:45 for Women is the new/initial target. No GFA allowances either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Was just about to post that. Handy enough, even I have that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Website
    Registration
    2013's Thread
    2012's Thread
    2011's Thread

Registration details up on the website for this today, changed entry method from last year, with a mixture of qualifying times and lottery. Thank fnck! :cool:

Sub 3:15 men and Sub 3:45 for women have guaranteed entry.

I may be going back....

Registration open from March 5th -April 7th.

I see the new entry requirements for 2014 have been made public.
    Sub 3:15 for Men and 3:45 for Women is the new/initial target. No GFA allowances either.
    Was just about to post that. Handy enough, even I have that!

SNAP! New thread up...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If I enter, I bagsy blockys couch

Better get back into training on the Goose Island so Blockic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

The Guaranteed Entry system for fast qualifiers actually makes this race more appealing!!! Pity the window closes after London as I actually don't intend racing any marathons in 2014 (apart from Boston) if I hit my goal in London....if they keep the same system I'll probably consider it in 2015 though...

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    The Guaranteed Entry system for fast qualifiers actually makes this race more appealing!!! Pity the window closes after London as I actually don't intend racing any marathons in 2014 (apart from Boston) if I hit my goal in London....if they keep the same system I'll probably consider it in 2015 though...

If only you ran London in your own name last year...
    *Race hwore!*
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Mod:Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If only you ran London in your own name last year...
    *Race hwore!*
    :p

I have the qualifying time in my own name....

Thank you for your email and congratulations on your Team's performance. The team awards have just recently been received in our office; we have been awaiting the shipping materials. We plan to start sending the awards soon.

Regards,

Bank of America Chicago Marathon
    www.chicagomarathon.com

Lad's at this rate I'll have to pick them up from the office!:)

289212.jpg289207.jpg
    And that, Ladies & Gents, is what you get for coming third in the Chicago Marathon Team Competition...a Plaque for the team and a pretty useless umbrella each!
    Just got them today.

...Awaits Diggers lewd comments about the brollies!

The umbrella should come in handy for The_Boy_Wonder in Jamaica!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

289212.jpg289207.jpg
    And that, Ladies & Gents, is what you get for coming third in the Chicago Marathon Team Competition...a Plaque for the team and a pretty useless umbrella each!
    Just got them today.

...Awaits Diggers lewd comments about the brollies!

Oh man, that's funny. If you'd've given me 100 guesses I wouldn't have come up with a li'll black brolly!

I'm so excited about that umbrella, will come in very handy on training runs when the weather is poor... Fantastic

Interesting question belcarra, why have you got a bicycle in your living room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great to see that name appearing on a plaque. :D
    Will have to keep that name going for other team events. (Wicklow Way Relay anyone?)

Advertisement