Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Marathon - 12th Oct 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

ecoli wrote: »
    Sadly that is the truth of it. Checked their FB and not only were they not complaining about lack of athlete coverage they were actually complaining that they were showing the East African's to much and to show more of "other runners":mad:

In fairness if they spent a bit of time covering the actual running then they might get time to look at runners further back within the top 20 (like they usually do on other marathon coverage)
    But as they aren't really covering the running then they only have time to cover the leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

ecoli wrote: »
    Sadly that is the truth of it. Checked their FB and not only were they not complaining about lack of athlete coverage they were actually complaining that they were showing the East African's to much and to show more of "other runners":mad:
    Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

"Do they know each other exist?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

A serious lack of updates. Nothing mentioned about Kipchoge. Has he started to sweat yet? Amateur hour. Nothing on FB or Twitter either.

It's basic stuff.

1.5 mile to go and they take a break :mad:

• Advertisement

1:55 min the race and they go to a break to talk about a charity.

This man from Ethopia <whispered prompt> "Kenya". Classic

Kipchoge is starting to sweat in the last mile.
    I'm very worried for him (despite his big lead)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

'We just saw kipchoge throw the knockout punch'
    No we didn't, we got to see an ad for bank of America :(

On the edge of my seat to see if they will go to another break.

• Advertisement

"Kenenisa fell off the pace a long time ago"

"Shall we show it?"

Why break the habit of a lifetime?

yaboya1 wrote: »
    "Kenenisa fell off the pace a long time ago"

"Shall we show it?"

Why break the habit of a lifetime?

Finished in 02:05:51

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Finish looks like it's lacking any kind of atmosphere. Same as last year. Think there were approx 100 people in the last quarter mile when I was finishing last year.

Commentator dude. Where you from and why are you hear. Lady "to watch the marathon". classic.

Panel talking about the women's race now, but no chance of actually showing it

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Panel talking about the women's race now, but no chance of actually showing it

Once again by the time they actually show it, the decisive break has already been made :(

If I see Kye Martin again I might kill myself. Bring back Marty Morrissey

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

Still sunny...........yay!!!

The men's race is over, the women's race is in the last mile, but the important news is it's 48 degrees.

Someone must really hate that fool still at mile one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Thomas Frazer with a sub 2.20 for 30th (2.19.53)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Jake Krong - 2:21.

blockic home in 3:15:50 with almost identical 5k splits.
    Nice run

Vagga 4:05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Stazza wrote: »
    Jake Krong - 2:21.

Is the OT standard still sub 2.20 or is it 2.18? Hate to see him miss it for the second time.

Is the OT standard still sub 2.20 or is it 2.18? Hate to see him miss it for the second time.

Amongst all the crap they were talking on the stream, I heard it mentioned that the A standard for the trials was sub 2:15 and the B standard sub 2:18

menoscemo wrote: »
    Amongst all the crap they were talking on the stream, I heard it mentioned that the A standard for the trials was sub 2:15 and the B standard sub 2:18

thanks Meno!! I heard the stream was awful alright. No one seems to have a clue what happened in the second half of the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

2:18. This was his first real go. TOU was a training run. He's been plagued with a tight hammy that he can't get released, which prevented him from doing any real pacey stuff/specific work. Today was pretty much off loads of big mileage weeks. This will give him a decent base for when he starts to move towards CIM. He's got plenty of time yet. If he can sort out the hammy, I think he'll do it at CIM. If not, it'll be London...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Peckham wrote: »
    Finish looks like it's lacking any kind of atmosphere. Same as last year. Think there were approx 100 people in the last quarter mile when I was finishing last year.

Unfortunately that I found out during the week is intentional..it's blocked off except for a limited number of screened people due to the incident in Boston in 2013. Shame really

• Advertisement

blockic wrote: »
    Unfortunately that I found out during the week is intentional..it's blocked off except for a limited number of screened people due to the incident in Boston in 2013. Shame really

Well done today Blockic!

Advertisement