Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Marathon - 12th Oct 2014

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

A huge well done to all who ran today. Had a fantastic day out as a spectator, particularly down at mile 21 where there was a great atmosphere. Good fun in the meet-up area afterwards, home with a little sunburn now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Pretty tough day at office, legs utterly spent after only 8 or 9 miles (went out too fast, but slowed down at 10k when I realised I was on pb pace)

Thankfully I had the experience to slow right down from there and just sauntered around and took it all in and enjoyed it. (as much as you can with zero energy in legs).

So in that regard loved it, great crowds and brilliant atmosphere and very well organised :)

It is weird that 4 weeks of basically forced doing nothing removed so much fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

3:18:33 for me in the end, slower than the 3:15 I was hoping for but a pb by 30 odd seconds so have to be pleased enough with that. I started falling away from the pacers around 23/24 mile direction and then cramp struck badly on the very last mile which lead to having to walk for a bit - cost me about 2 mins I reckon, but as I would have missed 3:15 anyway it wasn't the end of the world.

Great experience though, atmosphere all around the course (other than the finish sadly enough which has been discussed already) was brilliant. Id say I ran the first sixteen miles or so with a big dopey grin on my face as I was enjoying it so much! We were haunted with the great conditions too on the day, unfortunately Chicago's weather took a turn for the worse from Monday onwards. I had a great few days out there though and hopefully will give that marathon another bash in years to come

Advertisement