Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Marathon - 12th Oct 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Peckham wrote: »
    Mine was also updated within a few days. What did you send them?

Sent a screen grab of my result on Precision timing for the Meath HM in March.

Had 2013 on the race header and I was the only person displayed so all should have been in order. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

I sent them pretty much the same (a screenshot from Bohermeen Half 2012 results, and put a box around my line to highlight it). Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wildrhubarb

belcarra wrote: »
    I only know one lady runner doing the marathon (DukeofDromada's missus)

Belcarra did you just call me a lady? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

blockic wrote: »
    Btw, I submitted my qualifying time 2 weeks ago and they still have not updated my corral :rolleyes:, anyone else in the same boat?

When I submitted it was up within a few days too.

Name|Corral|Target|Team comp?|Gender
    Belcarra|B|3:12:30|Yes|M
    Peckham|A|2:48:00|Yes|M
    RunForestRun|A|2:49:50|Yes|M
    blockic|A|2:57:00|Yes|M
    DukeOfDromada|A|2:55:00|Yes|M

Thanks, just shipped off another email so now and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Belcarra did you just call me a lady? :eek:

Maybe Duchess would be more appropriate seeing as you are the Duke's wife?
    (all his royalist leanings come to the fore once he's left to his own devices to come up with a name for himself!;))

When I submitted it was up within a few days too.

Name|Corral|Target|Team comp?|Gender
    Belcarra|B|3:12:30|Yes|M
    Peckham|A|2:48:00|Yes|M
    RunForestRun|A|2:49:50|Yes|M
    blockic|A|2:57:00|Yes|M
    DukeOfDromada|A|2:55:00|Yes|M

Ok, so we need a team name and everyone's real name for this.
    Feel free to PM me with your real names.
    The team name can be discussed here.
    As a starter how's about the blindingly obvious 'Team Ireland'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

How about the ARTists..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

How about the ARTists..

How about the pi$$ ARTists?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kennyball

Hi,

I have an entry for the Chicago Marathon this year but am unable to go.
    Just wondering if anyone wanted to take my entry spot?
    PM me if interested.

Ken

• Advertisement

Two months to go (almost to the minute), and we haven't yet started talking about post-race pub!

Are we submitting an entry for the team competition?

Two months to go (almost to the minute), and we haven't yet started talking about post-race pub!

Are we submitting an entry for the team competition?

Yep, still intending to enter the team comp. Any more suggestions on a team name??

The Boardsies. Pretty unoriginal, but best I can come up with!

Boardsies, yeah why not? I've never been in Chicago so have no ideas for pubs after but a couple of cans would get things started anyway. I'm flying home the Sunday night so it'll just be a couple of sociable ones for me

The Leprecathletes....

C'mon.. Don't make me come up with all the good ideas....

Boardsies, yeah why not? I've never been in Chicago so have no ideas for pubs after but a couple of cans would get things started anyway. I'm flying home the Sunday night so it'll just be a couple of sociable ones for me

Think there's an area in the park to chill out in afterwards, have a few beers and watch the finish on a big screen. I think Krusty mentioned this before. So, I guess that's where our meeting area will be.

Flying back Sunday night! Can't imagine that will be a comfortable flight :eek: Fair play!

So 8 weeks, gonna be here in know time...

Who's flying over on the Aer Lingus 11:45 flight on the Friday lads?

I'd suspect there could be a few of us so might be an idea to hussle off to the expo together once we arrive to get it done out of the way.

Anyone got ideas for passing the time on the 48hr day on the Saturday without walking too much! :) Probably would need to book things now before the rush... 4 back to back films in the cinema? :pac:

Yep, I'm on that flight. Plan to hit expo as soon as possible. Staying with brother-in-law who lives in city (about 10 min walk from start!), so will be dumping bags and heading straight to expo.

Thinking of bus/boat tour on Saturday. Did that in Boston and it's a good relaxing time killer, whilst still feeling like you're being a tourist. You're right, will probably need to book something.

Yep, I'm on that flight. Plan to hit expo as soon as possible. Staying with brother-in-law who lives in city (about 10 min walk from start!), so will be dumping bags and heading straight to expo.

Thinking of bus/boat tour on Saturday. Did that in Boston and it's a good relaxing time killer, whilst still feeling like you're being a tourist. You're right, will probably need to book something.

Yeah that duck tour is always a nice one to do, might look into it.

Chicago Architecture Foundation tours are excellent, in particular the boat tour (even if you're not an architecture buff). Best to buy a couple of days in advance.

• Advertisement

Chicago Architecture Foundation tours are excellent, in particular the boat tour (even if you're not an architecture buff). Best to buy a couple of days in advance.

Was talking to someone last night and she highly recommended this tour so I'm going to be doing it the Saturday. It would be good if we can all arrange to do it together?

Just throwing some more suggestions out there along with others already suggested.

Team Ireland
    ARTists
    pi$$ ARTists (not sure if they’d appreciate the genius of this one ;) )
    Boardsies
    Leprecatheletes
    The Little Leprechauns
    The Shamrunners
    The Shamrogues
    Sean-Nos Runners
    The Boggers
    The Culchies
    Culchie Runners
    The Hardy Bucks
    What's the craic?
    Go on, go on, go on!
    Green Army
    Reathaí na hÉireann (‘Irish Runner’ I believe)

Yeah, 11:25 Friday morning flight for me too. Definitely sounds like a plan to get to the expo early, get it out of the road. Bus/boat tour is a must, stay off the feet, get to see the city and stay fresh. I sort of plan on just staying on Irish time for the whole weekend, with the early start on Sunday morning.

I do fancy The Pi $$ ARTists as a team name, it has a certain ring to it..

Was talking to someone last night and she highly recommended this tour so I'm going to be doing it the Saturday. It would be good if we can all arrange to do it together?
    Yeah, 11:25 Friday morning flight for me too. Definitely sounds like a plan to get to the expo early, get it out of the road. Bus/boat tour is a must, stay off the feet, get to see the city and stay fresh. I sort of plan on just staying on Irish time for the whole weekend, with the early start on Sunday morning.

I do fancy The Pi $$ ARTists as a team name, it has a certain ring to it..

Cool, I'm up for that tour that Krusty mentioned too. Also another vote for Pi$$ ARTists!

Looks like the Pi$$ ARTists it will be so, although can't guarantee the PC conscious authorities won't come back to me asking for a less offensive name...:rolleyes:

So, not only does it appear I'll be on my own in corral B but I'll also be flying solo on the 3:45pm flight as well...:cool:
    #secondclasscitizen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

belcarra wrote: »
    Looks like the Pi$$ ARTists it will be so, although can't guarantee the PC conscious authorities won't come back to me asking for a less offensive name...:rolleyes:

So, not only does it appear I'll be on my own in corral B but I'll also be flying solo on the 3:45pm flight as well...:cool:
    #secondclasscitizen!

Sure you can pass the time with a few small glasses of red wine ;)

Itziger wrote: »
    Sure you can pass the time with a few small glasses of red wine ;)

That comes afterwards...!

Just in case anyone else is interested - just spotted (and bought tickets) for the musical Once (aka the Glen Hansard film) which is on in Chicago whilst we're there for the marathon.

Just in case anyone else is interested - just spotted (and bought tickets) for the musical Once (aka the Glen Hansard film) which is on in Chicago whilst we're there for the marathon.
    Oh, is there a race on that weekend too?

;)

• Advertisement

Just a heads up that this appears to be quite busy on the Saturday. Lots of time slots already booked out. I've just booked tickets for the cruise at midday.

Also, Hanson are doing some gigs in Chicago over that weekend if anyone is interested! :D

Advertisement