If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAMBRIDGE MINX TV - SOUND PLINT / SOUNDBAR - 5 STARS!

Options
  • 16-01-2014 4:37pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

http://www.whathifi.com/review/minx-tv

Guys the Cambridge Audio Minx TV soundbar that we have been raving about for ages (sometimes over more expensive models!) has just received a cracking 5 star review at £200.

'This Cambridge Audio soundbase ticks all the right boxes. It delivers a fantastic, exciting sound for a great budget price'

We, just about, have them in stock at the moment at £199.95 and we will do free Boardie delivery at that price for the next few weeks.

Thanks as ever and keep us posted if we can ever assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xen0phon

Lads is this actually that good? How does it compare against a soundbar like jbl sb400 or even the other sound plinths from Denon/onkyo?

Cheers!

Guys the Cambridge Audio Minx TV soundbar that we have been raving about for ages (sometimes over more expensive models!) has just received a cracking 5 star review at £200.

'This Cambridge Audio soundbase ticks all the right boxes. It delivers a fantastic, exciting sound for a great budget price'

We, just about, have them in stock at the moment at £199.95 and we will do free Boardie delivery at that price for the next few weeks.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

xen0phon wrote: »
    Lads is this actually that good? How does it compare against a soundbar like jbl sb400 or even the other sound plinths from Denon/onkyo?

Cheers!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Xen0phon.

I my opinion the Cambridge sounds much better than both the Onkyo and the Denon.
    I have not heard the JBL one so I'm not 100% on the sound quality.

The Cambridge has had some cracking reviews and we have it on display on our shopfloor and it really does sound fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MickyD

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John, any of these left ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

MickyD wrote: »

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John, any of these left ?
    Thanks for the post - we have a few left ready to ship if you would like one - but we have lots more coming in on Friday - I can't believe the success of the sound 'plinth' - they are starting to outsell soundbars and the Minx TV is now our biggest seller  - honestly at under £200 the Minx really does sound pretty amazing.

If you would like one please just drop us a line with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to get a delivery arranged for you,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MickyD

thanks, have send u a private IM, waiting for that call

• Advertisement

MickyD,

thanks for the call to the office - Ursula is getting the guys to call you back asap.

On the PM queries:

The Minx TV is £199.95 / €249.99

The Panasonic SCHTE80 is £214.95 / €269.99 - but we are currently out of stock in both Silver & Black :( 

The other option is the Denon SCHT T100 at £249.95, I think the Denon is excellent as well, but it has had mixed reviews - from glowing recommendations to reasonable reviews - the Minx seems to pretty much just get rave reviews - the Minx is slightly larger that the general plinth style but this is reflected in the more powerful bass response.

Thanks again and give me a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Absolutely love these. Just don't like how they look. Never looks right to me, having a big TV resting on a box that size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi peejay, I would agree although it can sit on it's own shelf and the fact of the matter is that a lot of soundbars are too high to sit on the same top shelf as the TV as they stretch up above the bottom of the screen so to me it actually makes sense to have a better sounding product that's narrower that can either go on it's own shelf or underneath the TV.....but then I am a bit of a sound freak !

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

MickyD,

thanks for the call to the office - Ursula is getting the guys to call you back asap.

On the PM queries:

The Panasonic SCHTE80 is £214.95 / €269.99 - but we are currently out of stock in both Silver & Black :( 

The other option is the Denon SCHT T100 at £249.95, I think the Denon is excellent as well, but it has had mixed reviews - from glowing recommendations to reasonable reviews - the Minx seems to pretty much just get rave reviews - the Minx is slightly larger that the general plinth style but this is reflected in the more powerful bass response.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    How does the Panasonic compare to the Cambridge?

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    MickyD,

On the PM queries:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    How does the Panasonic compare to the Cambridge?
    Hi MickyD.

Unfortunately none of the others sound as good as the Minx TV. This is why stock on the Minx as dried up as it outsold everything including its projected numbers. 

Minx will be available again in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Hi, wondering if you have any of these sound bases in stock and what are they the same price as above? Also if you have stock are you still doing the free boardsie delivery?

s_carnage wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if you have any of these sound bases in stock and what are they the same price as above? Also if you have stock are you still doing the free boardsie delivery?
    Hi S_Carnage.

Unfortunately at the moment the Minx TV is out of stock with more due end of March.

Due to the popularity of this product Cambridge did not produce enough to meet demands. 

This product really does sound fantastic.

We are still taking orders on these and as soon as they are back in stock will ship straight out.

They are still priced at the £199.95 and I'm sure I can still offer the free shipping on these ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Hi S_Carnage.

Unfortunately at the moment the Minx TV is out of stock with more due end of March.

Due to the popularity of this product Cambridge did not produce enough to meet demands. 

We are still taking orders on these and as soon as they are back in stock will ship straight out.

They are still priced at the £199.95 and I'm sure I can still offer the free shipping on these ;)

Good stuff!! Will give ye a buzz tomorrow to place an order.

s_carnage wrote: »
    Hi S_Carnage.

Good stuff!! Will give ye a buzz tomorrow to place an order.
    Hi S_Carnage.

No problem at all.

We are here today 1pm - 5pm. Look forward to your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

How does this stack up to the Denon DHT-T100?

How does this stack up to the Denon DHT-T100?
    Hi Gerard,

Both great sound plinths.  The Cambridge comes out top for me though.  The low end from such a small compact unit is outstanding.  The Denon does sound good but just doesn't have the same kind of bass the Cambridge has.  

Chris

Ok, I see you have it on the UK site but not richersounds.ie. Out of curiosity if I did go for this how would I go about ordering from you? Wait until the Irish site gets stock in?

Ok, I see you have it on the UK site but not richersounds.ie. Out of curiosity if I did go for this how would I go about ordering from you? Wait until the Irish site gets stock in?
    Hi Gerard,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We're currently working on a new website so unfortunately the .ie website has been neglected a little bit.  We do stock the Minx TV ok tho :)  

As a company we're currently out of stock until the end of March.  If you'd like to drop me a PM with your name, address and a contact number I can put an order up for you and give you a bell once stock arrives.  

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Cheers. Haven't quite settled on whether this is what I will be going for but its nice to know there is somewhere I can get one if I do!

Cheers. Haven't quite settled on whether this is what I will be going for but its nice to know there is somewhere I can get one if I do!
    Hi Gerard,

If you need anymore info or fancy popping up to Belfast for a demo just let us know and we can organise that for you :)

Chris

• Advertisement

This is a question you likely can't answer but it never hurts to ask, how does the Minx TV compare to the Onkyo htx-22hdx?

This is a question you likely can't answer but it never hurts to ask, how does the Minx TV compare to the Onkyo htx-22hdx?
    We must be one of the only dealers who actually CAN answer that question - and being honest I'd probably say that the Onkyo has the edge over the Minx - but they are quite different beasts ( and unfortunately the HYX22 is also a finished line for us now) - the HTX22 would edge the minx in terms of features & audio quality, but the minx wins hands down in terms of neatness & pure convenience - for under £200 there is very little to touch the Minx TV - the Denon DHT T100 is excellent at £249.95 and the build quality and general appearance of the Denon is better but again the Minx probably sounds better..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist - we have a growing back order list for the Minx TV and we hope to see them over the next couple of weeks..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi John

I have this TV, looking at the stand, I don't think it would fit on the Minx...

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UE40ES6800UXXU-spec

What you think ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Hi John

I have this TV, looking at the stand, I don't think it would fit on the Minx...

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UE40ES6800UXXU-spec

What you think ?
    Hey Deep Though.

I have just tried the 40F6320 on the minx and it does fit although part of the front legs do hang over the edges a little (Bout an inch). However it looks spot on sitting on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

Is the minx TV back in stock.

dellWlan wrote: »
    Is the minx TV back in stock.
    Hey DellWlan.

The Minx TV came back into stock on Friday and already we have sold over half the stock we got in.

They are still priced at £199.95 and delivery would come in at £12.99

Here is another question that may not be answerable, how would the Canton DM50 measure up to the Minx Tv and the Onkyo htx-22hdx in pure sound quality?

Here is another question that may not be answerable, how would the Canton DM50 measure up to the Minx Tv and the Onkyo htx-22hdx in pure sound quality?
    To be fair the Canton is at the top of that pile with the Minx not too far behind - the HTx22 is now a finished line and its a bit of a different beast as it has 2 separate speakers, a sub and a switching amp built in - it did sound good but if you are looking for a neat solution its not a great option whilst the Canton and the Cambridge really are a great compromise to the fashion police without any significant audio compromise!

Thanks again and keep us posted - we do have the Canton and the Minx TV ( at last!!!) available in decent quantities from our main warehouse,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Hey guys,

Do you have any of these in stock at the moment and what would the price including delivery to Waterford work out at?

dougal

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.