Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car help needed

Options
  • 16-01-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

hi hope its ok to post this here. im just wonderin if anyone can direct me to the cheapest place for parts .
    ive a volks wagon sharan and the inner drive shaft went on it this morning. dealer is quoting me 550 for parts....
    any help at all is appreciated thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Mcbride car parts in Hugginstown

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Parts deopt over by the NCT centre. 051 856 566. They are very reasonable and a fraction of the main dealer prices usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

If you want cheap and are ok with second hand, mcbride as above or paschal power in glenmore..... Both great places to get stuff

Otherwise i would also say parts depot, have gotten plenty of them in past, very good to deal with

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I get them sometimes from www.irishautoparts.ie - based in Tallaght. Work out cheaper than auto factor anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭amber69

McBride has an email address if you Google it. I've emailed them and they will let you know if they have it and how much.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Depending on the year don't forget the Sharan is the same car as the Seat Alhambra and the Early Ford Galaxy

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreddfan

thanks for all the help everyone ive taken all them down to ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

deise parts in johnstown maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Www.partsfinder.ie gives you scrapyards nation wide, also there is a second part finder on the bottom of the micksgarage page

tried deise parts partfinder no use he wants a new one thx thou

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

scanlon motor factors? 051-873685. The lads are very helpful in there and know their stuff.
    There is also the place up opposite the hypermarket in morgan street, I can't remember the name

done both of them thx

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

another option is gsfcarparts.com. I've used them before and they can be good value, but sometimes the parts being cheaper means the quality is as well. Have a quick google and check out the manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Dont forget most places dont allow you to buy your own parts and bring it to them. you may get back alley motors who do but the only problem is what do you do if you get a part thats second hand and fails in 6 months? If you go to a garage you normally get 6 months minimum cover on new parts, I think it might even be a year, If that part fails in that time you can go back and by right you should have the part swapped out free of charge.

Advertisement