Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payment processed twice

Options
  • 16-01-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if anyone can advise what my rights are in this case?

I was making a payment online to one of our telecom providers this morning for 132e. The payment appeared to reject after I hit "pay now" saying that an error had occurred and to try again later.
    I phoned and was advised by an automated system that the amount was still outstanding so I paid over the phone through the automated system I had been directed to.
    I now find that the first payment did actually go through. I've just called them and their response, after initially asking me to contact my bank to request a direct debit refund until I pointed out this was their system error, is that they will simply credit my account with them.
    I want them to reimburse me. Have I any rights?
    I could hear the girl typing every single thing I was saying down which was very unnerving.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you pay by credit card, bank transfer or some other means?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I paid with my PTSB visa debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Same happened me. The bank insists that both payments were processed by vendor but vendor is only giving credit for one.

topcatcbr wrote: »
    Same happened me. The bank insists that both payments were processed by vendor but vendor is only giving credit for one.

Can they see only one credit on your account? They should be able to trace the transaction though.
    They can see both on my account, but wont refund either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Call me Al wrote: »
    Can they see only one credit on your account? They should be able to trace the transaction though.
    They can see both on my account, but wont refund either of them.

The bank has two authorisation codes but the vendor only is showing one. When I rang them they gave me a run around then said they'll do a query on the account. That is 3 weeks ago now and have sent me my next bill but nothing yet. The bank say they can do a payment dispute from that side. I'll give another week and then initiate that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Go straight to payment dispute, at least the bank has 2 authorisation codes, usually there is only one and a shadow transaction.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Go straight to payment dispute, at least the bank has 2 authorisation codes, usually there is only one and a shadow transaction.

Thanks wmpdd3. I will call them in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If the merchant has only received one authorisation code, but the bank has two, then it sounds like the other one has gotten lost in the payment gateway. Start the dispute with your bank.

Advertisement