Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 812 with ITI 8 wireless add on, alarm when unset

Options
  • 16-01-2014 5:14pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

The panel had to be defaulted back to factory settings a while ago as the supplier is no longer trading, (PSA killed his margins), and a combination of a power failure and a dead main battery caused all manner of issues with the panel that could only be reset by clearing everything after fitting a new battery. That got the basic panel back, without central monitoring (not an issue as it's not active anyway) but the wireless zones are not being correctly reported any more. That was fine for a while, but the panel is now alarming when unset at irregular intervals.

I have a manual for the panel , but nothing for the ITI wireless unit that has a number of window sensors hanging off it, as well as some wired sensors.

I need to get into the details of the ITI receiver unit, as it looks like the issue is with one of the wjreless sensors, and I am assuming that as it's activating in unset mode, the issue is with a tamper circuit or similar rather than an activation as such.

The alarm is activating even when not set, and while we know it's a wireless sensor, determining which one it is that's upsetting the panel is proving to be more difficult, the batteries on the sensors have been swapped out, so it's either a dud battery, or one of the sensors is on it's way out

The system has been in for 10 years. I think the sensors are HKC. but without pulling a cover, I can't tell, and right now, the grandson is asleep, and I don't want to risk setting the internal sounder off.

So, if there a manual for the ITI unit as such, and for the sensors?

Is there an easy way to check what sensors are reporting to which zones?

I'm guessing that there is some form of internal jumper setting system to tell the sensor what address it is, so that the receiver can determine where the error is.

I have an access code to get into the panel in engineer mode, which helps, but not enough information to know how the ITI unit has been connected, or how to get into the internals of that unit to diagnose what's going on.

Any assistance appreciated. Right now, there's not a hope of being able to spend any significant money on this, no work = income issues, so I need to try and resolve if I can so that my daughter can set the alarm when they are out of the house.

Thanks

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement