Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening Venu Dublin 5

Options
  • 16-01-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi,

I have searched using the search function and google but no luck so far. I am looking for a venue to hold a christening party.

Has anyone any suggestions in the D5/3 area where we could hold the gathering? Nice place with options for soup and sambo or more... not sure of numbers yet, just need venu suggestions

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Grainger's on the Malahide Road in Marino might do it for you.

I've been to a Christening afters in Gilbert & Wright on the Howth Road (where The Hollybrook used to be, if you don't know it)

I've been to 2 in the A1 (Ardlea Inn just off the Ardlea Rd, halfway between the Roundabout and the Kilmore Road end)

I was at one in the Beechcomber years ago.

You could try The Hilton if you don't fancy a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I was at one in Parnells GAA club on the Malahide Road. Very nice new premises and the food was good too

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Thanks, will check these places out this weekend. Any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭fj1200

The Goose Tavern on Sion Hill Rd is a good spot for christenings. Off Grace Park Rd/Griffith Ave. Has a room upstairs with a bar. In a quiet residential area. Safe for young kids. I've been to umpteen christenings there, family favourite, and can highly recommend the place.
    I don't know if they can provide food, the parents had caterers supply the food at the christenings I went to.
    I live round the corner from the A1 and it's not great.

Advertisement