Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Guarantee to Customers

Options
  • 16-01-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am thinking of applying for an American Express charge card. As part of the application process it looks like American Express look for a "Bank Guarantee" from your bank. Is this something Bank of Ireland can provide its customers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi cooperguy, 

Thanks for your post. 

We're not familiar with the type of guarantee you mention. 
    Please call your Bank of Ireland branch and an advisor will be happy to answer any questions you have about this. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here   

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Hi cooperguy, 

Thanks for your post. 

We're not familiar with the type of guarantee you mention. 
    Please call your Bank of Ireland branch and an advisor will be happy to answer any questions you have about this. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here   

Thanks

Billy

Ok sure. This is apparently a standard part of their application process (here is the application form listing the requirements:https://www.aexp-static.com/intl/ireland/pdf/GGP_Ireland_Direct_2013.pdf)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi cooperguy[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We are unable to access the link you provided in your post.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Is this a credit reference they require? [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Can we ask if you are personal or business customer with us?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi cooperguy[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We are unable to access the link you provided in your post.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Is this a credit reference they require? [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Can we ask if you are personal or business customer with us?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Alison[/font]
    No it is not a credit reference, I believe they want a guarantee the bill will be paid.

I have attached the application form that I linked to above.

I am a personal customer.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi cooperguy[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for the link. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately, we feel this type of request cannot be answered by reps here.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If at all available, we would suggest contacting a Customer Advisor within your branch to discuss this in more detail.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Contact details can be found here[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If we can help with any further queries, please do feel free to contact us again. We are happy to help.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

Alison 

• Advertisement
Advertisement