Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options
  • 16-01-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

2FM have just confirmed that a concert for Croke Park next Summer will be announced Monday morning at 11.45am.

They have tipped Garth Brooks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have a strong feeling it will be Garth Brooks but it will be for Summer 2015

Did one direction announce there gig a year or so in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can someone explain to me how Garth Brooks became so popular here?

Was it just an off shoot of that 90's line dancing craze?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I hope so.

Tickets were meant to go on sale before xmas, going by the rumours. But that never happen.

So if there's any truth it would before the end of January at the latest.

I think this is it.

Why is it a Croke Park announcement?

Is he not meant to play all over?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea could be a whole tour announcement from him including the Irish show . If he does Europe this year would Glasto book him?

• Advertisement

According to Goldenplec Aiken are announcing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

o1s1n wrote: »

He's got friends in low places

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

o1s1n wrote: »

Barn Dancing Culchies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I thought Croker was limited to 3 gigs per year due to the residents, The band (in the loosest possible terms) who shall not be named are doing all 3

scudzilla wrote: »
    I thought Croker was limited to 3 gigs per year due to the residents, The band (in the loosest possible terms) who shall not be named are doing all 3

The announcement is for summer 2015

Would laugh if it was someone like lady gaga or union j

It could be a U2 date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The announcement is for summer 2015

Would laugh if it was someone like lady gaga or union j

It could be a U2 date

Wow, so if tickets go on sale in Feb for a July 2015 date, that's 80,000 tickets at an average of 70Euro each, takings of 5.6mill. The interest on that for 17months will be HUGE

scudzilla wrote: »
    Wow, so if tickets go on sale in Feb for a July 2015 date, that's 80,000 tickets at an average of 70Euro each, takings of 5.6mill. The interest on that for 17months will be HUGE

Pardon my ignorance but I think it's actually this summer according to 2fm Facebook. Maybe croke park were given another date for a concert this year.

Aren't kings of Leon due a date here and artic monkeys also. Maybe a double headline gig. Would not rule out bruce springsteen either

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

Deffo Garth Brooks, Croke Park 2014 - possibly 3rd week in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is it true that he could be there in person? if so, dropping everything and heading to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I'd love to see everyone reaction if its not Gareth Brooks!

Rumour has it Prince is touring this summer, seriously doubt its him but you never know, he was kinda booked for Croker a few years ago before all that fiasco with MCD.

lc180 wrote: »

Rumour has it Prince is touring this summer, seriously doubt its him but you never know, he was kinda booked for Croker a few years ago before all that fiasco with MCD.

Would be very disappointed if it's prince not really into him

lc180 wrote: »

But last time he played here was Malahide Castle so cant see him jumping back up to Croker

Would love Foo Fighters/Arctic Monkeys/Queens of the stone Age gig but not a hope .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

it has to be u2... u2 have not been this populour in years! globes and oscars!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

but1er wrote: »
    it has to be u2... u2 have not been this populour in years! globes and oscars!!

Nope, fraid not, 2fm seemingly said it was a solo male artist, and the plugged the fact its going to be brooks.

I was always under the impression there were only three gigs in croker a year.....must be outsourcing the hurling / football QFs to either Thurles / provincial grounds frees up more dates........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Nope, fraid not, 2fm seemingly said it was a solo male artist, and the plugged the fact its going to be brooks.

I was always under the impression there were only three gigs in croker a year.....must be outsourcing the hurling / football QFs to either Thurles / provincial grounds frees up more dates........

The football quarter finals have to be in Croke Park because of the 10 year tickets. The hurling quarter finals are not held in Croke Park very often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I think it is definately going to be Garth Brooks. My sister is a big fan and is on an american forum all about Garth Brooks. From that, there is an announcement coming from him next week.

Looks like he's going to fly into Ireland and announce the whole thing and start of his tour from here as well.

I'm skipping with so much excitment this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I think it is definately going to be Garth Brooks. My sister is a big fan and is on an american forum all about Garth Brooks. From that, there is an announcement coming from him next week.

Looks like he's going to fly into Ireland and announce the whole thing and start of his tour from here as well.

I'm skipping with so much excitment this morning.

i was like that last night. i'm still like that. i'm soo freaking excited, i feel i could fly

Will they let people into this announment on Monday ?

Im half thinking of going up. The thought of seeing/meeting Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Pity Bowie isnt in the best of health, would love to have seen him performing in Croker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

But last time he played here was Malahide Castle so cant see him jumping back up to Croker

True it won't be Prince but that gig was just phenomenal.Just couldn't believe how good he was.Upthere with 'The Boss' as the best I have ever seen live.

Will definitely go for Garth and see what all the fuss is about. :D

I reckon Will Leahy/2fm knows its Garth Brooks and they cant say anything officially and only hinting on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

I reckon that the tour will be announced on Monday from Croke park but that the gigs will be in smaller venues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Praying that its on a Friday or Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Haven't listened to Garth Brooks in about 10 years, but I'd still know every word to every song, such was how often it was played in our car on every trip to/from school, the shops etc.

Been to a lot of "cool" gigs over the past couple of years, between The National, Queens of the Stone Age, Foals, Gaslight Anthem, Muse, Foo Fighters etc. Typical 26 year old music taste....

I haven't/won't look forward to any of them as much as I'll look forward to Garth Brooks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

we all forget bruce springsteen btw??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement