Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Is there anywhere I can see or hear the full press conference?

Check out airbnb.ie Probably going to much cheaper than a hotel.

https://www.airbnb.ie/s/Dublin--Ireland?source=bb

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Do people think that they'll sell out both days? Honestly given his profile I thought one night in the Point would be his limit in terms of sales. Not a fan or follower though so I may be out of touch.
    Yup, this will be the hardest ticket in Ireland since Slane 01

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Like bruce its going to attract the beer crowd and alot of that will be young mid 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Do people think that they'll sell out both days? Honestly given his profile I thought one night in the Point would be his limit in terms of sales. Not a fan or follower though so I may be out of touch.

Prepare to be surprised then! He'll sell out both days easily... with many people going to both.

Could also possibly see a third gig being added (and selling out) on the Sunday.

That said, this is going to be one of the hardest sold gigs (in terms of radio/TV airtime) in recent times - you'll be sick of the radio ads by the time the gig comes around!! (Remember Neil Diamond and Mary Byrne?!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Has anyone any idea if there'll be a golden circle? I tried ticketmaster but they don't have a seating chart up on the event yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

He would definitely sell out 1, 2 might be a push especially with both being announced at the same time. Depends on what other gigs he has lined up for the tour too, could see plenty travelling from around Europe buying tickets if nothing else announced before that.

E: just saw that these gigs are sort of separate to the tour, so yes, I'd say both will sell out easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

There are loads of hostels and B&Bs on or around Gardiner St. Those might be the cheapest places to stay closest to Croke Park but I'd say they've copped on to the fact that there's a show in town that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'd be maybe a little surprised if there wasn't a third date added after the first two go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loads of hotels sold out already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »
    So expensive already!! 179e for Jurys Inn!!!

Is that per room r per person

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bard wrote: »
    That said, this is going to be one of the hardest sold gigs (in terms of radio/TV airtime) in recent times - you'll be sick of the radio ads by the time the gig comes around!! (Remember Neil Diamond and Mary Byrne?!)
    Wouldn't think they'll need to advertise it at all TBH

With all these big concerts apparently selling out in a minute or two, any suggestions on what the best way is to guarantee getting tickets? Ticketmaster website, phone or ticketmaster outlet?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Wouldn't think they'll need to advertise it at all TBH

I think the same. It will sell out very quick and concerts are only advertised if there are still tickets available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

My sister is just after texting me with the details. Two dates for July friday the 25th and saturday the 26th. Tickets 65 euro.

That's ridiculously cheap for Ireland's standards.

Any golden circle for this? I wouldn't mind paying much, much more for a ticket to be up front a bit. Any vip tickets for a meet and greet?

I really don't understand why people think this will be a hard sell. It's pitched to many different age groups. I was reared on Garth Brooks as a child, I'm 25 now and I've been waiting for this come back for years. I'll be going to it with my dad who is 47. I know of many people my age who will say a similar thing. So I can't understand why there's such backlash about him not selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

I'm fine with people assuming it's going to be a soft ticket, anything to help Thursday's onsale even slightly, although it's still going to be a clusterf&*k online, for sure.

With all these big concerts apparently selling out in a minute or two, any suggestions on what the best way is to guarantee getting tickets? Ticketmaster website, phone or ticketmaster outlet?

I'm not going to give my secret away. Hell no, I want tickets.

I am in the queue now.....simply says, "your wait time will be 3 hours, please don't hit refresh or you will lose your place in line."

Just kidding, but I expect to be seeing the screen refresh for about that long come Thursday.

I'm not going to give my secret away. Hell no, I want tickets.

I had my usual ticket guarantee plan all typed up and I deleted it! Hell no am I giving away my plan!

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Loads of hotels sold out already

God, people haven't even bought their tickets yet and places and accommodation is getting booked already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Wellyd wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people think this will be a hard sell. It's pitched to many different age groups. I was reared on Garth Brooks as a child, I'm 25 now and I've been waiting for this come back for years. I'll be going to it with my dad who is 47. I know of many people my age who will say a similar thing. So I can't understand why there's such backlash about him not selling out.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to people saying it won't sell out

Both dates will sell out within an hour I would imagine.

Personally I cannot wait for the gig.

I am in the queue now.....simply says, "your wait time will be 3 hours, please don't hit refresh or you will lose your place in line."

Just kidding, but I expect to be seeing the screen refresh for about that long come Thursday.

I was told that tickets go on sale for the 30th of Janaury which is Thursday of next week. Not this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Had to book a hotel for the sister,seems some gone up already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Damn, just booked a hotel not secure in the knowledge whether or nor I will get a ticket or even want to go to the concert. Damn peer pressure :mad: :D

I wouldn't pay too much attention to people saying it won't sell out

Both dates will sell out within an hour I would imagine.

Personally I cannot wait for the gig.

I agree with this. If you want a ticket get it first. Don't go banking on others saying it won't sell out and hoping to get a ticket later on with that. He'll sell this quite fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

ive booked 2 hotels for both nights just in case......

Does anyone know if ticketmaster accept laser?

Garth is back on live on 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Amanda7326 wrote: »
    ive booked 2 hotels for both nights just in case......

Does anyone know if ticketmaster accept laser?

they take visa debit so i'm assuming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Yeah I have a feeling I will b camping out on my computer for the morning on thursday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement