Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Eeeeeeklkkk! He's talking to larry!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

And just as quickly, he's gone again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Amanda7326 wrote: »
    ive booked 2 hotels for both nights just in case......

Does anyone know if ticketmaster accept laser?

I suppose you are dead right. Hotels are going to milk this.

I knew he wouldn't confirm new music, but there will be, don't worry. He's gone over a decade, and there will be a new album to tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Clever of them to hold off ticket sales till after payday.

In my experience when bands announce tours, they would schedule, for example, Liverpool on the Wednesday, Dublin Fri and Sat, then Belfast maybe the Tuesday allowing them one extra date to announce if needed (Sunday).

With this tour, there's no other dates, so I reckon he could set up camp in Croker for 4 or 5 nights if the demand is there. There'll be the usual Dublin All Ireland quarters on the following Saturday (Aug bank holiday), but I reckon he'd get the green light to play the Sunday, Monday and possible Tuesday night if they keep selling out.

• Advertisement

I knew he wouldn't confirm new music, but there will be, don't worry. He's gone over a decade, and there will be a new album to tour.
    He's got a new song out, "The Call".

So are these two dates separate from his tour? Did he announce his world tour today?

So are these two dates separate from his tour? Did he announce his world tour today?

Nothing beyond 2 dates in Dublin, and No, these are not part of the World Tour, they are being called the "Garth Brooks Special Event."

Shedite27 wrote: »
    In my experience when bands announce tours, they would schedule, for example, Liverpool on the Wednesday, Dublin Fri and Sat, then Belfast maybe the Tuesday allowing them one extra date to announce if needed (Sunday).

With this tour, there's no other dates, so I reckon he could set up camp in Croker for 4 or 5 nights if the demand is there. There'll be the usual Dublin All Ireland quarters on the following Saturday (Aug bank holiday), but I reckon he'd get the green light to play the Sunday, Monday and possible Tuesday night if they keep selling out.

That is the way Garth usually does it, but do you think they could have secured license for all of those dates? I thought the number is severely limited for these stadiums, and some are already booked by One Direction.

I even thought that One Direction had used up all the allowed dates, which is why nobody expected Croke to be the venue before the past few days.

So, do you 1....think the plan is to add more Croke shows, which would make sense given how Garth does things.

2......Add shows at RDS since more can't go to Croke.

3.....Add shows in other Ireland cities in the hours/days after Croke sells out in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

leahyl wrote: »
    Loads of hotels sold out already

Im half thinking of opening my house up, and having a big old weekend party!

• Advertisement

Nothing beyond 2 dates in Dublin, and No, these are not part of the World Tour, they are being called the "Garth Brooks Special Event."

Deadly. So whenever he kicks off his world tour, he'll probably be back again. Perhaps for summer of 2015. There was a rumour last summer from after hours that Garth was due to do similiar to Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

got some tkts sorted its great having friends in high (low) places cant wait til the friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gemmamc

Any idea if there will be any pre sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

leahyl wrote: »
    Well, it doesn't have to be that hotel specifically, somewhere relatively near anyway.

Try the Maples in Glasnevin.

Deadly. So whenever he kicks off his world tour, he'll probably be back again. Perhaps for summer of 2015. There was a rumour last summer from after hours that Garth was due to do similiar to Bruce.

I cannot believe he would bring all that equipment, band, etc., over for just 2 shows, even if they are of this size.

Also, they are going to sell out 2 very quickly, so there has to be a plan for when that occurs. He is going to meet as much demand as possible, which means either more dates in Dublin, or elsewhere in places like Kilkenny, Cork, Belfast, etc.

Either he's going to add more shows in Dublin, and then he's planning on returning for the grand tour in '15, or he will announce the other cities on Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Is the €65 a starter price, will there be more expensive tickets?? What about tickets for getting right up the front ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

found a hotel for 99e for a single person. there are out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

If people don't mind getting the Luas, you could book a room at the Red Cow or Ibis hotels. You could even consider booking a hotel in Tallaght. It might be a bit of a journey but the Luas is handy enough and it seems like all the hotels in town are booked.

I'm leaning towards more shows in Dublin than a series of cities, because this is being called a "special event," and not part of the World Tour. Maybe they'll go to RDS the following week, but they could also have licence to do more at Croke.

Secured a home rental about 5 minutes walk from the stadium. Will be bringing some Garth fans over from the U.S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'm leaning towards more shows in Dublin than a series of cities, because this is being called a "special event," and not part of the World Tour. Maybe they'll go to RDS the following week, but they could also have licence to do more at Croke.
    No, they won't be going to the RDS the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I haven't been to a concert in Croker before...any tips on the best seats to get if I'm lucky enough to have any sort of a choice when buying...any advice appreciated?

just because i mentioned there's a single rooms available does not mean i'm going on my own. jeez people. i was just mentioning it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I haven't been to a concert in Croker before...any tips on the best seats to get if I'm lucky enough to have any sort of a choice when buying...any advice appreciated?
    Similar questions, I am getting tickets for my parents but I have only gone to hurling matches so will it be seats and standing like the matches and he plays on the pitch or what?

Pembily wrote: »
    Similar questions, I am getting tickets for my parents but I have only gone to hurling matches so will it be seats and standing like the matches and he plays on the pitch or what?

well i've gone to see westlife. but garth brooks is a whole new ball game. he could do anything with a stadium like croke park, he could go out in the middle, he could use the entire lot of hill 16 ( i hope i got that right)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    well i've gone to see westlife. but garth brooks is a whole new ball game. he could do anything with a stadium like croke park, he could go out in the middle, he could use the entire lot of hill 16 ( i hope i got that right)
    Play on the hill? Where people stand during matches and are behind thick Perspex?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

not sure, normally seating and standing on pitch available, as they play one @ one end (where the posts are!! - sorry not sporty at all)

In the 97 concert, as far as I remember, he had the stage on one side (lets say The Hogan stand??)....and so there were no seats there, just on the opposite side and standing on pitch as well.

But croker is done up since then, so who knows!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Pembily wrote: »

depends on the act, for example a U2 gig will have all standing tickets on the pitch and all seated tickets in the stand but for Garth they may have flat seated areas on the pitch, like they did for yer man Buble in the Aviva a few years back.
    Depends on the type of act, age demographic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

This is the seating map for one direction
    1369825005_CROKE-PARK-NEW.MF_medium.jpg

I'd imagine the seating will be similar except for the penis shaped stage.

• Advertisement

In 97 the stage was where they lift the trophies in the Hogan stand, but it's changed a lot since then.

Would imagine it'll be the usual concert layour (below), pitch standing, seats elsewhere. A GAA pitch is very long BTW, try to avoid the Davin end.

I saw him in LA in 2008 which was all seated, but that was a basketball stadium, can't imagine they'd even find enough seats to cover the croker pitch

13827s_a.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement