Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im heading into town next wednesday night and camping outside ticketmaster. If homeless people can do it, I can too.

Will that be the best way to get tickets. If im first in line, maybe. Which I will be.

I'd say online. What if the worker at the Ticketmaster booth is late by a few minutes and ya miss out? Also get the app download, have all avenues open!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd say online. What if the worker at the Ticketmaster booth is late by a few minutes and ya miss out? Also get the app download, have all avenues open!

think they maybe warned not to be late. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Could do both.

Camp out with my labtop/tablet

Is there a limit to how much tickets you can get. Need 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Tip for ya all, get the Ticketbastard App on Android, ya don't have to type in the captcha thing which saves a valuable 10 seconds ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Mushy wrote: »

That happened a friend of mine with the tickets for Liverpool v Celtic in Croke Park. She's been there the day before , spoke to the guy and he told her what time he'd be there and opening at. She was there first and the guy was running a few minutes late , tickets sold out so fast no one in his queue got any. Customers caused mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is it sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Is it sold out?

Tickets aren't on sale yet until the 30th of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 alongwaytotipp

We're having a debate here: when did GB play here in the past: we're sure about 97 in Dublin. did he also play in 95 in Dublin ? was it croke park each time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

We're having a debate here: when did GB play here in the past: we're sure about 97 in Dublin. did he also play in 95 in Dublin ? was it croke park each time ?

He played the Point in 1994.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Karen23 wrote: »
    That happened a friend of mine with the tickets for Liverpool v Celtic in Croke Park. She's been there the day before , spoke to the guy and he told her what time he'd be there and opening at. She was there first and the guy was running a few minutes late , tickets sold out so fast no one in his queue got any. Customers caused mayhem.

Yeah, so could save yourself the hassle. The shop guy owes nothing to those customers, sure what if the computer frooze too:eek: So many ways it could go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

cee_jay wrote: »
    He played the Point in 1994.

He played Croke Park in 1997, according to here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Ye, it was 1997. I couldn't go because I was pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

nm wrote: »
    He played Croke Park in 1997, according to here

He also played the Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ragglepuss

Any idea of whether there will be presale for the concert? Would be great to bypass the mayhem on Thursday morning :-0

There's a lovely written piece here on Garth Brooks and his upcoming Irish gigs
    http://garthbrooks.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Sorry if this was already answered but can I ask how the GAA managed to get more than 3 concerts on in one year. DO the residents not limit it to that? Or maybe it's 3 artists a year because 1D have 3 gigs and Gareth now has 2 and possibly a third if they sell out quickly...

Can anyone clarify?

Also what concerts are on in the Aviva this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

I just had a look at a few hotels online and they're booked out. Will try again tonight. Any recommendations for a hotel and spa in the city of dublin? I would like to go to friday nights concert. Have a spa treatment booked for the saturday morning after breakfast then onto the saturday night concert.

I love The Dylan....just around the corner from Baggot Street, but far away from the noise! Only stayed there once as a bday gift (can be expensive) but have had lazy sundays there too.

No Spa there (I think!) but plenty of other places to book spa days around.

But really anywhere that looks decent for what you are prepared to pay should be fine. Most hotels in the center are going to be more expensive. But if you book somewhere a little bit out, its only going to be a taxi ride away from croker.

**Just checked the price there for the Dylan and its €197 for standard double - 10% off as well!! they must not know.......

** And on that link we got before from Brolly - TY - (myprivatetravel) , its even cheaper - €181

Can anyone track where he'll be staying in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Can anyone track where he'll be staying in July.
    Aiken Promotions usually put people up in The Merrion. Everyone from Bruce to Rihanna has stayed there when they were touring Ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

Just watched an interview on YouTube with Garth yesterday. Don't know the interviewer but he did ask him if there's any chance of more dates being added if the first 2 go well and he said 'If you guys want 5 shows, we'll do it....we'll work out a way'

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Just watched an interview on YouTube with Garth yesterday. Don't know the interviewer but he did ask him if there's any chance of more dates being added if the first 2 go well and he said 'If you guys want 5 shows, we'll do it....we'll work out a way'

Yes, I saw that also. They must have a secret agreement worked out. I had thought 3 was the maximum per year that Croke allowed. Am I mistaken? Given 1 Direction already have those 3, there must be something special set up for Garth, and given the demand, he's going to have to add another 2 or 3, otherwise people aren't going to be too happy about that limiting Garth when there's so many shut out of tickets.

Based upon that interview, I think it's realistic to assume there are at least 3 more dates available. And I think the majority of demand will be met if there are 5 shows, but the first 2 announced nights are going to be gone in no time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I would be up for 5 gigs :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Rumor has it that there's up to a week booked if neccessary. But going backwards (ie the Friday gig could end up being the 3rd gig).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Rumor has it that there's up to a week booked if neccessary. But going backwards (ie the Friday gig could end up being the 3rd gig).

Where did you hear this rumour? There seems to be quite a lot floating about.

Booked a hotel for thurs, fri, sat and sun. Yay

Thursday cause I want to queue up early on the friday outside croke park. And get up close to the stage. Same on saturday. And hopefully sunday too.

I made a new years resolution to take more holidays. This is my holiday this year.

Cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi

I've never been to Croke Park! :o

Where is the best section to look for tickets in?

Really hoping there will be a pit/golden circle section.

If tickets are all the one price I have no idea how that is going to work on the days of his concerts. We'll all be scampering for the front.

Any idea how it's all going to work with tickets and sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Pixied wrote: »
    Hi

I've never been to Croke Park! :o

Where is the best section to look for tickets in?

Considering the demand for these concerts, this is more a case of take what you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There is effectively two, Actually three threads now on Garth Brooks, this one and the Garth Brooks one, mods maybe they should be merged.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement