Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I'M hoping i won't get the nose bleed seats again. got them for westlife. i enjoyed the concert, as long as i stared straight in front of me.

if i get them, I'll just suck it up

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DYL7891

I don't know what i'll do if I cant get a ticket...honestly...I will go to extreme lengths lol

DYL7891 wrote: »
    I don't know what i'll do if I cant get a ticket...honestly...I will go to extreme lengths lol

i'll will fore go college next year and use all the money i've saved so far to get a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

DYL7891 wrote: »

I know me too. I'll even clear my life savings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Know a few songs and good craic at the right time at a party/wedding/session but will he really sell out 2/3 nights of croke park?

• Advertisement

You obviously just DONT understand. I am a die hard fan...every song...every dvd...every album...I'm 26. Ive loved him as long as I've loved my parents lol.
    And...I'M NOT ALONE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

sasta le wrote: »
    Know a few songs and good craic at the right time at a party/wedding/session but will he really sell out 2/3 nights of croke park?

I think he will.

This is a big event. A comeback concert after his early retirement before a world tour. There will be people/fans coming from America, the uk, the rest of Europe and maybe further afield like Canada and Australia for this.

I'm in the UK, I will sleep on the STREETS...I don't care...BUT I AM GOING. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

sasta le wrote: »

I'll eat my hat and the boots Garth showed up in at that black tie affair if these shows don't sell out.

Im going to sit here from now until next Thursday finding the best tactics to ENSURE I get 2 tickets....hey i'll even just have ONE...(#sorrydad) I NEED TO FORMULATE A PLAN!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Garth's visit to Ireland to announce these concerts made a paper in the states. According to google, the LA times. Perhaps even more papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

looks like he didn't hang around for long in Dublin

In the air now.... nearly home

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N810GT

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

will the capacity be bigger in croke park than it was back in 1997. Because watching the last gig on dvd the stage was where the hogan stand is now.

Will premium level tickets be on sale.

If i dont get a ticket i might head up on the friday and stay in a pub near croke park and listen outside lol

PTH2009 wrote: »
    will the capacity be bigger in croke park than it was back in 1997. Because watching the last gig on dvd the stage was where the hogan stand is now.

Will premium level tickets be on sale.

If i dont get a ticket i might head up on the friday and stay in a pub near croke park and listen outside lol

What a great idea. I'll join you outside.

Ohhh me too if i heaven forbid don't get a ticket!

What a great idea. I'll join you outside.

i will as well. but i will get a ticket, so need really.

i will cry myself to sleep for several weeks if i don't get a ticket. :(:(:(

I was on the Croke Park website and they give tours of the place. Im heading up the day before the concerts start in the hope of catching a glimse of the whole thing before it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was on the Croke Park website and they give tours of the place. Im heading up the day before the concerts start in the hope of catching a glimse of the whole thing before it starts.

Could be quite limited due to all the service tunnels being used and blocked up, wouldn't be surprised if they postponed them for a few days.

How soon is too soon to camp out

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

certain sections of the stand are normally blocked off for concerts. Was there for RHCP in 2012 and certain sections were blocked off.

The 30th cant come fast enough. hopefully i will be smiling come 9.05 on the 30th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Can I ask how the GAA managed to get more than 3 concerts on in one year. Do the residents not limit it to that? Or maybe it's 3 artists a year because 1D have 3 gigs and Gareth now has 2 and possibly a third/fourth or fifth if they sell out quickly...

Can anyone clarify?

Also what concerts are on in the Aviva this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

How soon is too soon to camp out

Don't waste your time camping out. Go online and you'll have a better chance of getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Me too, I have to get a ticket, I can't miss this concert, been waiting so long for it to happen, surely I'll get one online just ensuring I'm on before 9 and have the patience, lord knows I done it for a friend for 1D and we were on 3 hours before we got tickets!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

washed up roundy cowboy..........only the irish bafoons would pay hand over fist to see this fella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Can I ask how the GAA managed to get more than 3 concerts on in one year. Do the residents not limit it to that? Or maybe it's 3 artists a year because 1D have 3 gigs and Gareth now has 2 and possibly a third/fourth or fifth if they sell out quickly...

Can anyone clarify?

Also what concerts are on in the Aviva this year?

My understanding is that they have a license for three gigs a year by default. Any further gigs requires a new license application. There's nothing to say they will/won't get the license for the Garth Brooks gigs, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    certain sections of the stand are normally blocked off for concerts. Was there for RHCP in 2012 and certain sections were blocked off.

The 30th cant come fast enough. hopefully i will be smiling come 9.05 on the 30th

Certain sections were blocked off because it sold so poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

washed up roundy cowboy..........only the irish bafoons would pay hand over fist to see this fella

A very insightful contribution to the thread. Internet trolling loser that has felt the need to leave posts on the 2 Garth Brooks threads.

poteen wrote: »
    A very insightful contribution to the thread. Internet trolling loser that has felt the need to leave posts on the 2 Garth Brooks threads.

been seeing them all over the place. just choose to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

It's crazy that people have the time to search the internet for forums etc just to leave negative feedback, why bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

It's crazy that people have the time to search the internet for forums etc just to leave negative feedback, why bother

Sad lifes some people lead. Holed up in there dark rooms sniggering .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement