Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I was reading the garth brooks forums and someone there reckons his Irish concerts will sell out in 3 minutes.

3 minutes? Is that even possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

I was reading the garth brooks forums and someone there reckons his Irish concerts will sell out in 3 minutes.

It will sell out as quick as technology allows. i still think that if you want them that bad, then go to shops and Q to avoid failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

If you go to the shops, you could end up with some worker who shows up late, takes forever to fire up the computer and finds all the tickets are sold out by the time he looks them up. I wouldn't go to a shop unless I had the TM app as a back up and even that's been known to be buggy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

poteen wrote: »
    It will sell out as quick as technology allows. i still think that if you want them that bad, then go to shops and Q to avoid failure.

But what if you are a bit back in the Que for tickets? 9/10 ive been very lucky when going for tickets online , although since my internet in the house is crap ill prob end up going into college and using their internet to be on the safe side ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Technology probably could allow it, people won't allow it sell out in 3 mintues.

Each page in Ticketmaster gives you about 3-10 minutes to complete the page, so technically, the first in line, could probably not have their tickets finalised for 25 mintues, and then could give them up at the last second, making those tickets available. So next Thursday, don't come on here at 9.05 saying "they're sold out, I didn't get any", keep trying

In the shops, the tickets go on sale at 9am, and in my experience, they will have one lad on the ticketmaster machine printing as many tickets as he can, while someone else sells them to customers. So again, if ticketmaster is showing "sold out" and you're in a que at a shop, they probably have a good few printed and redy for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/well-plan-a-garth-brooks-themed-wedding-to-keep-our-guests-29940107.html

is this woman for real? i would cancel the wedding and if i was a guest, i would be heading for the concert instead of this wedding.

i'm pretty sure i've heard tickets for other concerts being sold that quickly. anything is possible in this day and age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/well-plan-a-garth-brooks-themed-wedding-to-keep-our-guests-29940107.html

is this woman for real? i would cancel the wedding and if i was a guest, i would be heading for the concert instead of this wedding.

PMSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

What good is a garth brooks themed wedding, when you can be at a garth brooks concert instead.

Never mind about being a guest, if that was me getting married, i'd call the whole thing off.

i'm pretty sure i've heard tickets for other concerts being sold that quickly. anything is possible in this day and age

Nooooooooo

• Advertisement

What good is a garth brooks themed wedding, when you can be at a garth brooks concert instead.

Never mind about being a guest, if that was me getting married, i'd call the whole thing off.

so would i. sure you can get married any oul day. No Garth Brooks themed wedding is gonna keep me away from Garth Brooks and any self respecting fan of Garth Brooks is not gonna buy into this crap and STAY at her wedding, unless the poor sods don't get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

I got 1D tickets for my nieces, they were saying at 9:10 they were saying it was sold out but at about 12 o'clock I got 4 tickets. Even if you get to the end and it says no tickets go back in again and queue, I got lucky that way before. Don't give up until you tried and tried again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Have the wedding on the Friday, you and the guests go to the gig on the Saturday...

Of course, that doesn't get you a story in the paper and get possible free stuff.....

Have the wedding on the Friday, you and the guests go to the gig on the Saturday...

Of course, that doesn't get you a story in the paper and get possible free stuff.....

and possibly getting garth brooks tickets. seriously if she gets garth brook's tickets :mad::mad::mad:

seriously if she gets garth brook's tickets :mad::mad::mad:
    What? you'll plan your wedding for that day too :D

stevieob wrote: »
    What? you'll plan your wedding for that day too :D

:rolleyes: ha!!!!! eh no. i rather buy my tickets than running to the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

What if it was someone in your family getting married??

i think a family member would understand. after all it's not secret in my family that i'm a MASSIVE Garth Brooks fan. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/181538/

heres a picture of a u2 concert in croke park. almost all of the sections in the stands are open so if the stage is similar to this than there will be a load of tickets available.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulmcmillen/5896952888/in/photostream/

theres a gallery at the 2011 take that gig and some sections are cut off in the stand mainly in sections 301, 302, 336,337 and the upper tiers 701,702,736,737 and behind the big screen

I feel so sick looking at those pictures. I want a ticket on the stage itself. Its so so big.

• Advertisement

I feel so sick looking at those pictures. I want a ticket on the stage itself. Its so so big.

well in 1997 Garth had a monster of a stage :D:D so hopefully he will have a similar one. i'm getting all excited at the thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭recyclops

well in 1997 Garth had a monster of a stage :D:D so hopefully he will have a similar one. i'm getting all excited at the thought.

I cant see the stage being as big as it was only that size to cover the construction on the hogan if i remember correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

recyclops wrote: »
    I cant see the stage being as big as it was only that size to cover the construction on the hogan if i remember correctly
    Yeah I agree, I doubt they'll do the pitch-length stage again, most likely a stage at the Hill end.

Redevelopment of the Hogan started in 2000 BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ragglepuss

According to viagogo, this is the layout that will be used.

http://www.viagogo.ie/Concert-Tickets/Rock-and-Pop/Garth-Brooks-Tickets/E-617461

wouldn't Rodney Carrington be great as a support act :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ragglepuss wrote: »
    According to viagogo, this is the layout that will be used.

http://www.viagogo.ie/Concert-Tickets/Rock-and-Pop/Garth-Brooks-Tickets/E-617461

Stage wws always going to be in.the hill..

Easiest wqy to.guarantee tickets, from experience of Bruce and seeing the ****storm online throws up, is to go to a local.ticketmaster outlet for aboyt half 5/6am and also.have the app on a phone...

Outlets take numbers before the shop.opens, and begin printing in batches of 6/8 so can end up with in rhe hundreds for when doors open, ensuring at least to fill the crowd outsode.. at least in the Limerick.one.

Delighted to find out that they'll be filming for a dvd in July.

I can go and take it all in and buy it on dvd after. Instead of watching the concert through a camera, if I get that close.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I haven't been to Croke park in about 20 years. Where is the best place to sit? I'm hoping to go with my 7 year old daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Will be my first time to Croke Park! I've been told the Hogan or Cusack stands are the best, they're either side of the stage, Davin stand is way down the back so I doubt you'd see much from there.

I'm thinking about getting pitch standing tickets, don't think I could site down around Garth!!

• Advertisement

while i could do without being up in the nose bleed section. if i get those seats, i will tolerate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement