Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Wondering if sitting or standing is best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

which ever you can get tbh..
    but sitting is more comfort and probably a better view,
    imo if you aren't in the pit sometimes people can sturggle to get a decent view standing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

bennyl10 wrote: »
    which ever you can get tbh..
    but sitting is more comfort and probably a better view,
    imo if you aren't in the pit sometimes people can sturggle to get a decent view standing
    I was gonna say the same. Seating is better as standing can be messy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

posted this on a forum re securing tickets but said I'd post it here too.. just some advise based on past experience for those of you hoping to be lucky next thursday.

From experience, I can lend a bit of advice though
    If it can be helped, do not rely entirely on the site, as when things get busy, ticketmaster.ie can turn into an absolute cluster-feck-mess.

however if you are relying on online. Chose best available EVERYTIME! and a reasonable number of tickets(2/3) this is because if you choose seating for example and decide to be a smart ass and buy 6, to make a profit, ticketmaster will try and get you 6 beside each-other and makes getting tickets a lot more difficult.
    WAIT IN THE QUE YOU ARE PUT IN. DO NOT REFRESH THE PAGE OR YOU LOSE EVERYTHING.

Most ticketmaster outlets will have been told to expect demand by ticketmaster and will open at approx 8.50. In Limerick and Cork at least, a shop worker will come outside before opening, walk down the que and ask people how many ticket they require, and also if standing/seated. They will then go inside and at 9 will start printing as many tickets as they are allowed. (if 6 is max they will just start printing in groups of 6, until the system wont let them print anymore)
    Having cash going into these shops is the easiest, as they do not need to process you online then, and can just hand you a printed out ticket.

Being at the shop for half 6, is plenty of time, there is absolutely NO-NEED to camp out overnight, that is just overreacting.

Also, although yes they are picking form the xsam,e pot in shops, they servers in shops dont seem to get caught in queing, ans shops just start printing.. just please dont go into a shop saying "i need hogan/cusack stand tickets and only htat exact stand will do" take whatever sitting ticket you get, there really will not eb itme to get you your exact demanded ticket.. take which ever you can get and be happy.

he ticketmaster app, also, if you are worried the shop mightn't have your allocation(majority of times for these gigs they do though) is a very easy way to get tickets..

finally, and probably most importantly, ALTHOUGH 65 IS THE RPOICE, YOU WILL PAY ABOUT 70-75 FOR THIS TICKET, AND APPROX 85 FOR A 75 EURO SITTING TICKET! THE PRICE AIKEN AND TICKETMASTER ADVERTISE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE TICKETMASTER FEE, WHICH CAN GO UPTO €7 PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND.. THE TICKET WILL COST MORE THAN €65/75.

think I've covered most area, who knew being a ticket whore would eventually come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

wouldn't care, as long as i get a ticket for the concert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I googled binocular glasses yesterday. They're available. They'd be handy for sh!te seats.

My friends and i are meeting up tonight to discuss strategy. not sure if we're queuing or just using the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Going with Best Available, online and hoping for the best! Dont particularly want the davin stand but hey at least I'd be there! Just want a ticket!

Ringerbell wrote: »
    just created a tshirt for the croke park concerts. take a look if you want :) anyone interested please do as need to sell 50 for them to produce them
    comeback[/URL]

buying when i had the money to buy!!!:D

and tweeting that, because that's freaking awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Ringerbell wrote: »
    just created a tshirt for the croke park concerts. take a look if you want :) anyone interested please do as need to sell 50 for them to produce them
    [/URL]

Cool shirt, but you should wait until the shows go onsale, because there will likely be additional dates which you should include on the back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement